Ordered my first metal detector and its the ace 350

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
So, after lerking here on TN for the last few months I finally ordered me a detector. Ordered it thru Kellyco and picked up the ace 350 with a nice free accessories package. I am hoping I chose the right machine. I have been researching for months now and I kept going back to the garrett ace 350. I live in Washington state and hope this will be a good machine for a newby. I want to get my boys involved and will hopfully be buying a couple more if they enjoy it. My wife is kinda interested too so we will have to see. Any feedback and advise is very welcome and needed.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! :hello:

The 350 is an excellent detector to start with. There is no perfect detector for all jobs or areas. Subscribe to the Treasure magazines for lots more skills. Don't be afraid to ask questions as we all had to start somewhere. :thumbsup:

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great new detector by Garrett. You will be very happy with it and probable use it for many years without thinking about buying another if ever. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Thanks. I cant wait for it to arrive. Tracking says it will be here next friday. Its gonna be a long long week. I will let you all no when it arrives.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of folks who buy a metal detector usually end up getting the smaller 4"-6" coil that are available for the unit (Garrett calls theirs the "Sniper" coil). It just works a lot better in trashy areas.

If you run into that problem, consider getting one. The ones for the Ace aren't expensive (less than $100).

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Smudge said:
Lots of folks who buy a metal detector usually end up getting the smaller 4"-6" coil that are available for the unit (Garrett calls theirs the "Sniper" coil). It just works a lot better in trashy areas.

If you run into that problem, consider getting one. The ones for the Ace aren't expensive (less than $100).

thanks for the info. I will have to check into that. anything else I might need to be aware of?

bgriffin

Jan 2, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
I have had my 350 for a little over a month now and I have been pleased with it. I actually works better than I had expected. It has no problem going deep and it is pretty easy to learn.

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a suggestion. Take a camera with you and take pictures of your finds as they come out of the ground. Make a scrap book. I wish I had done that early on. Its a "great so and tell" item. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread