What's new

Oriental Coin

BerntOut

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
160
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Dug this out in the New Mexico Desert near an old well worn trail. Is it Chinese?
 

Attachments

  • P2182085.webp
    P2182085.webp
    84.6 KB · Views: 271
  • P2182086.webp
    P2182086.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 277
I'd say so,yes. Someone with a book or time tosearch will probably be along later to tell you exactly what it is. :)
 
Upvote 0
I think its upside down. My guess 1875-1908.

I think this is it chinese Yong-Le small hole.webp
 

Attachments

  • chinese Yong-Le small hole.webp
    chinese Yong-Le small hole.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think its upside down. My guess 1875-1908.

I think this is it

Looks like a match :icon_thumright: Sweet coin :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Just to be certain I rotated it. Below is a handy little chart to compare. Kwong-shui
 

Attachments

  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 235
  • chinese cash rotate.webp
    chinese cash rotate.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 226
  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
I've seen youtube videos of people digging coins like this and they said 1800's!!! Cool Find!!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Because of the way the characters look, it is probably a modern fake for jewelry. These are mass-produced each year.
 
Upvote 0
I've seen youtube videos of people digging coins like this and they said 1800's!!! Cool Find!!!!!!!

....the vast majority date much,much older than the 1800's!!

Sag,is right the fineness of the characters screams repro
 
Upvote 0
Hi! what you have found is a brass cash coin minted in the Chinese province of Kwangtung in 1889. They are relatively common here in the US as many flowed out of China through Hong Kong trade routes to this side of the ocean. A nice old piece of history! HH, Mike.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom