peebs

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2012
colorado
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and to metal detecting. I've spent a pretty fair amount of time in the creek with a pan and a sluice but I find that as I get older a detector seemed like a real good idea. I bought a used Fisher Gold Bug and it has worked pretty well in the short time that I have had it. I have a 14 inch coil on it an all the sudden I'm getting some weird audio feedback and it seems to be cutting in and out. Any ideas out there? I could really use some help! Thanks

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi peebs of CO,
I used to own one that I bought brand new but only had the stock coil and the shooter coil and both worked well. A 14" coil is a big beast but will cover a lot of ground in a hurry but could be tiring. If you have not already done so you might post this question again in the brands area. Many times problems come from one end or the other of the cable coming from the detector to the control box. Make sure the fitting on the coils is good and snug and then with the detector turned on wiggle the cable from the coil all the way up to the box to see if any particular spot along the length of the cable causes a weird signal to happen or go away. Good luck with figuring out the problem.........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread