Original Minelab Sovereign XS battery?

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Can anybody confirm this being an original Sovereign battery for the XS?
What are the best options now for new battery(s) for them?
I just picked up another XS this week and it came with this battery, no charger. (Would like to convert it to be able to utilize AA's and Rechargeable packs if possible. The housing has the red/black male plug.
Thanks, in advance.

PS. It also came with the white coinsearch BBS coil, is it waterproof? safe to submerge? or must it be silicone'd?
Thanks again for your help.

Trez

Attachments

• SovBattery.jpg
    SovBattery.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Sov coil.jpg
    Sov coil.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 323

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an original to me. There should be a female plug on the battery pack. The original AA pack consisted of two 4 AA cell holders wired together in series with a female plug. That holder doesn't work well with regular AA rechargeables as there isn't enough voltage from 8 rechargeables.

The CoinSearch coil is not waterproof and cannot be submerged. Silicone shouldn't be used to try and make it waterproof. I hate that stuff, but that's just me. I have used CoinSearch coils on the wet sand, but never let it get wet.

Hope this helps...

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks HPHunter,
"The original AA pack consisted of two 4 AA cell holders wired together in series with a female plug"
Can that holder still be had? Is disassembling that old rechargeable an option?
Scott

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being on the treasure coast, you're going to want a WOT coil anyway. You have lots of empty sand to cover!:laughing7:

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks HPHunter,
"The original AA pack consisted of two 4 AA cell holders wired together in series with a female plug"
Can that holder still be had? Is disassembling that old rechargeable an option?
Scott

I don't believe they are available from Minelab anymore, but you might run a wanted ad for one. I would guess someone has one not being used, or you could make your own. You just need two of the 4 cell holders, a female jack of the right size (Radio Shack) and a couple of 9-volt leads.

Are you sure the old pack isn't any good? Why are you thinking of taking it apart?

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again guys.
I will post in classified for one.

Cheers,
Scott

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HighPlainsHunter is correct - the adapters are no longer available.... I've tried to find them recently for a customer. you have two options: Used or make your own.

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe they are available from Minelab anymore, but you might run a wanted ad for one. I would guess someone has one not being used, or you could make your own. You just need two of the 4 cell holders, a female jack of the right size (Radio Shack) and a couple of 9-volt leads.

Are you sure the old pack isn't any good? Why are you thinking of taking it apart?

HPHunter,

I have a question.
I have the 2- 4 cell AA holders and 9 volt leads.
Before I solder, is it all red connections stay together and blacks to blacks?
The female plug which I took off the old rechargeable battery pack that came with the XS. Some center of the plugs are positive and centers negative, correct? Do I solder the 2 red leads from 9 volt connectors to the red lead on female plug?

Thanks,
Scott

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is what they look like with and with out battery's ... Some one on one of these treasure sites should have some.. th.jpeg .There are some rechargeable battery packs for your detector on Ebay right now................................... mhXcYgrIXl11DxdAPkAisdg.jpg .. On your coil no it is not waterproof but i used my coil like that in the water and in the ocean and it never hurt mine i just took the chance and i used it a lot in the water and lucked out ..never hurt it ..BUT THEY ARE NOT WATERPROOF>

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread