What's new

Osprey with fish

brianc053

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
3,777
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sussex County, DE
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took this yesterday here in Delaware. I'm fortunate in that I see these Ospreys catching fish and flying off with them regularly. Occasionally the local Bald Eagles force the Ospreys to drop their fish, and then the Eagle steals it.
In this case the Osprey got away with the fish unmolested.

20250514-COX_31452-Enhanced-NR (1).webp
 
Took this yesterday here in Delaware. I'm fortunate in that I see these Ospreys catching fish and flying off with them regularly. Occasionally the local Bald Eagles force the Ospreys to drop their fish, and then the Eagle steals it.
In this case the Osprey got away with the fish unmolested.

View attachment 2208094
That is a really COOL pic!
 
Beautiful picture! Thank you for posting it!
 
What an amazing pic that is..... :occasion14: :occasion14: (it's worth 2 beers!)

Now that all the images get converted to WebP, the exif data gets stripped in the process, so I can't say for sure, but it does seem that you were at the outer range of the lens, as the grain shows up at full size.

Is this any better?

20250514-COX_31452-Enhanced-NR (1)-2.webp


 
Eagles do the same thing here in Florida. They wait for the Osprey to catch a fish the dive at them & make them drop it. Bullys! I've seen this several times. Great photo.
 
Beautiful shot.
 
What an amazing pic that is..... :occasion14: :occasion14: (it's worth 2 beers!)

Now that all the images get converted to WebP, the exif data gets stripped in the process, so I can't say for sure, but it does seem that you were at the outer range of the lens, as the grain shows up at full size.

Is this any better?

View attachment 2208265
Thanks Dizzy. Looks better. (What did you use? DxO or similar?)
The issue was light (lack of). The image was taken at 4000ISO and I only used Lightroom Classic’s denoise.
Taken at f9, because that’s the max aperture of my 200-800mm Canon lens, and at 1/2000s shutter, which I wish I could have increased, although stabilization is amazing.
My Canon R5 is 45MP and I think only cropped about 50%, so it’s a low light noise issue.
I tend to avoid too much denoise because I feel like it makes the pictures look like paintings.
 
Since you guys liked the Osprey close-up, here’s a different type of image: a composite of 8 frames of an Osprey in a dive.
Best viewed full-screen on a computer. Taken on the same gloomy day earlier this week. I combine the images in Photoshop.

Oh yeah, and taken from a kayak.

20250514-COX_31868-Enhanced-NR-Edit.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom