OT/ Can Anyone here tell me about Atlanta, GA area --

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact the police department there and they will give you great info. Good hunting and good luck.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id stay away from Atlanta,tn would be the place to be.no state tax great people and great state.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
contact chamber of commerce for your area of concern
maybe real estate agents
look at school ratings
Read on line newspapers -
The on line investigations are limitless
That's what they are there for
Brady

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I just hope I can talk to a local that is on here. I'm set on Decatur as we have extended Family there ok. So please keep it coming. Thanks. God Bless You All. PEACE:RONB

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why are creating a new post?
you have 337 responses on your other post, asking the same thing
Maybe I'm missing something?
Brady

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brady; It is no scam. Read the whole Thread. I doon't provide that Link. I also give my name, address, phone #, email address etc.. If it ws a scam I would NEVER do that. I just wanted to separate the info for Atlanta which I was told would be a good idea. Yes, I already talked to the Super Mods as well. It is on the level ok. PM me if you have any other questions. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barker
If I'm wrong, I'm very sorry
Very tired of the so many scams posted, yours looked like it
there's such a thing called the long con
again, if so, I'm sorry
the second post didn't help
Brady

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brady; Thanks. This is VERY real. I just finished my first part of moving out. We complete it this Tuesday. We will stay with friends until we can get resettled. My sister has to have her surgery first then we ARE headed to Decatur, GA to get out of this Rat Race here. We are scared but with the help of friends here in Boston and on the Net I pray we can make it through until we get to GA. I'm gonna take a trip there to scout tings out first. Then when my sister heals up a bit we are Southward Bound. I can hardly wait. This whole mess happened because of SEVERE Medical situations WAY beyond our control. It wiped us out. Thanks to folks like you we can make it. I just have a bit longer to go. I'll keep you Posted ok.
Skippy gave me a great Link to a site where Folks from that area talk together just like we do here. The info is just starting to come in now ok. Anyways, until later; May God Bless You & Yours. PEACE:RONB

hikingthehills

Dec 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgia is a nice place, used to be a lot better before all the yankees moved down here! :laughing9: Really though I have lived here my whole life and I stay out of Atlanta.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barker, I lived in Atlanta in the late 90's, and I still have friends in Decatur and that area. Like any other city, it's kind of hit and miss as to the character of the different neighborhoods. I haven't been up there since '06 so I'm not sure what's what anymore, so best advice would be to go scout around first and get a feel for the place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread