OT: Shout Out.....

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OT: Veteran's Day Shout Out.....

Off topic, but a shout out to my fellow Veterans on TNet. I hope yall had a safe and enjoyable day, and thank you for your service.

Dad, MSgt USAF Retired 62-88
Father in Law, TSgt USAF Retired 72-92
Me, TSgt USAF Retired 86-08
Brother, MSgt USAF Retired 96-16
Son, Sgt USMC 07-17
Sister in Law, Ukn USA ukn-ukn

Remember that not only on this day, but throughout the year, there are military families that are separated because a service member isn't home. Also remember that for everyday you live in freedom, there is military personnel sitting on alert, patrolling borders overseas and in the US (Ground, Air, and Sea). They do this to protect us from those who wish to do harm against us.

We didn't join the military to get rich, or to get medals. We joined to protect our loved ones, friends, neighbors and our nation and her people. When we retire we are not rich in gold, but we are rich in experiences and the life long friends we make. While our bodies may be broken, our spirits and continued love of our country is not.

So thank a Veteran whenever you can, not just on Veterans Day, while you're at it thank their families for their sacrifices also. Everyday we lose our Veterans, and it won't be long before we have no WWII Veterans left, then Korean War etc etc.

My Operational Deployments:

Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm 1991 w/ 7th SOS, 39th SOW
Operation Joint Endeavor IFOR 1996 w/ 5th SOS, 919th SOW
Operation Joint Forge SFOR 1998 w/ 711th SOS, 919th SOW
Operation Southern Watch 1999 w/ 71st RQS, 347th RG
Operation Enduring Freedom 2001 w/ 711th SOS, 919th SOW
Operation Enduring Freedom 2002 w/ 711th SOS, 919th SOW

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your service and thanks to all my brothers in arms who are serving or have served. US Navy 1969-1973. Served on the USS Enterprise CVA-N 65 in the Gulf of Tonkin (Nam) 1972-1973.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread