Other Treasure Hunting

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well I'm may be down for awhile so I thought I post a couple shots of other treasures I've discovered in my broad-based search patterns.

An old family photo album from Morris Il. was found by my Sis in some garbage, the beautiful cover and pics inside compelled her to recover it. I am currently having it posted on the IlWebGen to see if anyone can state a relationship since no names appear in it anywhere. It includes two tins and an excellent assortment of shots of people from the approximately 1870-1895.

A local large electronics mfr is closing down it's operations, one day an old coworker who now works there asked me if I wanted to hunt the throw away pile of test equipment and other such. Thinking little of it, I went along anyway. Well it's not everyday you get a 0-1300 MHz am/fm synth sig gen that works perfectly for free. In fact you seldom get them for less than about 8500 bucks unless they're used. I know, I've had to setup electronic test equipment in a past life. There's also a SWEMAR Gen, but I don't do TV work and am still trying to figure out how I can incorporate it into a Lowbatt's Labs function. This equipment all new would top the 12k to 15k range, but was used for function testing and not parametric evaluation, so calibration was not maintained. So it and some other real nice stuff went into the heap.

The bottles were part of a 500+ bottle dig at a construction site. Those pictured came from a site that had been covered since the 1890's.

I am always broadening my search pattern and may one day have one of everything if this keeps up. Then again, Mrs. Lowbatts sez I better make some room for the family in our museum/lab/playground home or else!

Attachments

• Collection 4.jpg
    Collection 4.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Collection 3.jpg
    Collection 3.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Collection 2.jpg
    Collection 2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Collection 1.jpg
    Collection 1.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 18

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Nice bottles, It's almost like we dug right next to each other, the site i dig was "in service" from 1850 - 1950............... In fact, nice everything!!!

Or else what??? LOL....

8)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Chiz, This dump site was six feet deep and covered an area equal to about two city lots. I only had two days to hunt it. But later excavations at the same construction site yielded many more goodies. A lot of the medicine bottles in this site still had the goods in them and the corks intact and tasted just as bad after a hundr e d y e a r s ... i n t h e groounnndd.. Ohhh... Doh! arrghhh... :mrgreen:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread