What's new

Our Orchids Are Blooming

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,447
Reaction score
72,692
Golden Thread
0
Our orchids are blooming, currently have 7 with spikes at the moment and 5 of the spikes have blooms.

1000002193.webp
 
No, these are vanda orchids, no soil needed, the ones in our house are phalaenopsis, they are in pots with orchid potting mix.
OK I was wondering if mine (I will start another thread in my daily snapshot ) needed a pot that drained or held the water.
 
Those are all beautiful. We have lots of orchids that do well but our 3 Vanda Orchids while green & healthy seldom bloom.
 
Those are all beautiful. We have lots of orchids that do well but our 3 Vanda Orchids while green & healthy seldom bloom.
We spray ours often with Miracle Grow "bloom booster" fertizler.
 
I’ve been looking for some native orchids to transplant to my prairie restoration. No luck yet. They are very rare in the wild now.
 
OK I was wondering if mine (I will start another thread in my daily snapshot ) needed a pot that drained or held the water.
What does it have for the growing medium, orchids need well drain containers.
OK I was wondering if mine (I will start another thread in my daily snapshot ) needed a pot that drained or held the water.
They should be in a potting mix made from fir tree bark, redwood bark chips, pine bark, cocoanut husks or a orchid potting media.
Orchids do not do well sitting in dirt and need pot that drains well.
 
What does it have for the growing medium, orchids need well drain containers.

They should be in a potting mix made from fir tree bark, redwood bark chips, pine bark, cocoanut husks or a orchid potting media.
Orchids do not do well sitting in dirt and need pot that drains well.
OK Thank you. They were purchased in plastic pots. Bark like soil. They are growing out the bottom of the pots! I should buy an orchid book.

100_2678.webp



100_2677.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom