Love that and my favourite Jeremiah Johnson.I had never thought about it but it makes sense you guys would have some similar style movies. Very similar beginnings of the west and austrailia. lawlessness, harsh enviornment, struggles of starting civilization, interactions with the natives and so on. I will have to check a few out as I love old westerns. Just watched Josey Wales for the first time in a long time the other week.
Yes. I went as a kid. Underage to see the first Mad Max with my school friend, wagging (aussie version of not going to school on a school day) to see it. Crazy as it was rated R, Adult, but as I was 6ft tall at 15 I got the tickets. Crazy huh! That was then rated R Adult. 😆Josey Wales, Jeremiah Johnson are my favorite westerns. Hey Chilli, you a Mad Max fan?
I have this movie on DVD It is NOT FOR SALE !!! I watch it maybe once 3 or 4 months. FreebirdTim is correctOkay, I'll post my favorite Western. It's a 1970's movie called "The Shootist". John Wayne's last movie about a gunfighter dying from cancer. Yes, it is tough to watch some of the scenes, knowing that he eventually died from cancer in real life. Great story and a great cast of older actors. Jimmy Stewart, Lauren Bacall, Harry Morgan, Scatman Crothers, John Carradine, Richard Boone and a young Ron Howard as well. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.