Out again.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Went out again. Take my days out when I can. Next week a no go, appointments and stuff all week.
Chose a spot near a mountain range. Was good to me yrs ago with my Gpx 5000.
Just use a vlf now. But had a crack so we say. Lovely there and loved every minute of it.
Found lots of junk throw aways, but it was great not hearing anyone or anything all day.
Some buttons amongst the junk, an old thimble and a large bullet head. Last few minutes I saw an area that looked ok. Got a tiny bit of yellow. Will go back in a week or two when I can for another go.
Great day though, loved it.
The gold, mmmm, .1 😆
IMG_20220722_121117_887~2.jpg

IMG_20220722_160416_470~2.jpg

IMG_20220722_155824_615~2.jpg

Upvote 18

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like that site has potential - a Thimble ... possible old home site in area ?
I'd look for stones - depressions in the ground and listen for iron hits on you detector.

Good Hunting !

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see you getting out again Chilli.
A few rewards for the time spent in the peace and quiet.
Query:
Was this a well worked gold field from the gold rush days?

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Looks like that site has potential - a Thimble ... possible old home site in area ?
I'd look for stones - depressions in the ground and listen for iron hits on you detector.

Good Hunting !
I 100% agree. I reckon it does hold potential. The initial place I went back to I thought was it. But there, I checked my map. I then saw that what I had for yrs thought was private and had some old fences was private. I never go on those places unless I know where to ask. Today I found out the fences were old time and is public now. Reverted back to public land. There are a number of places over the yrs I found that out.
A week or so ill be back for sure 👍
Its not a hugely rich place, never was, but I have always liked it there.
Im very looking forward to another go.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 100% agree. I reckon it does hold potential. The initial place I went back to I thought was it. But there, I checked my map. I then saw that what I had for yrs thought was private and had some old fences was private. I never go on those places unless I know where to ask. Today I found out the fences were old time and is public now. Reverted back to public land. There are a number of places over the yrs I found that out.
A week or so ill be back for sure 👍
Its not a hugely rich place, never was, but I have always liked it there.
Im very looking forward to another go.
Chilli congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment getting back out and reliving the gold rush days
I spoke to a person that used to design and engineering metal detectors and years ago took a leave of absence from work and went to Australia for a period of time to metal detect.
Well he was so rewarded with his gold recoveries that he was able to pay for his children’s college
Best of Luck when you get back mate

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment getting back out and reliving the gold rush days
I spoke to a person that used to design and engineering metal detectors and years ago took a leave of absence from work and went to Australia for a period of time to metal detect.
Well he was so rewarded with his gold recoveries that he was able to pay for his children’s college
Best of Luck when you get back mate
Thanks. Yes I have a number of friends that I can thank for metal detecting.
I personally, he will remain anonymous, thank a very very good friend I know whom is very very well known here in the gold game. We, my wife and I were facing homeless. He came to our rescue. Id love to tell who he is, but there is no way he would want me to.
I will say though. If he had not gone out of his way to help us, we would be homeless.
I started detecting around 1990. I met so many great people. Most are gone. Reason was I was around 20 to 30 yrs younger. Just a few are left.
I had an awesome ride. And the few left I very much cherish as friends.
I love and loved every minute of it. Im not crazy old but cary a lot of stupid self inflicted injuries from my stupid youth.
I would love to carry a GPX 5000 with Evo coils, or any new stuff. But my body says "NO" and I listen to it.
But, I still get out and love, love, love, every minute of it 👍

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out again. Take my days out when I can. Next week a no go, appointments and stuff all week.
Just use a vlf now. But had a crack so we say. Lovely there and loved every minute of it.
Found lots of junk throw aways, but it was great not hearing anyone or anything all day.
Some buttons amongst the junk, an old thimble and a large bullet head. Last few minutes I saw an area that looked ok. Got a tiny bit of yellow. Will go back in a week or two when I can for another go.
The gold, mmmm, .1 😆
View attachment 2037914
View attachment 2037915
View attachment 2037916
lot of promise on that site, HH

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold, mmmm, .1 😆
View attachment 2037914
View attachment 2037915
View attachment 2037916
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great looking site, for so many reasons- GL going forward!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilli you forgot to post the GPS coordinates to that spot so we could check it out for you !!! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread