What's new

Out and About on Saturday

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a bike ride of what I figure 15 miles yesterday along all the trails we have around here, as it was a pretty nice day until I crashed going fast down a hill and crushed my left shoulder into the hard surface. Dang I've not had any incidents like that in a long time and it seems pain is a whole new kind of pain at this age. I couldn't sleep on either shoulder last night. Anyways this is some of the things I saw. This farm I took a picture of started out as a tavern and way station for stage couches in the 1860s and it was said Ulysses S Grant had even stopped by there once. Before all that these creek systems were the hunting grounds of the Cheyenne and Arapahoe and I have found evidence of the native activity along these little waterways in some stone artifacts. It also looks like we some burrowing owls are in the area as they closed the trail saying it was for the reason of ground nesting birds. I had a ranger run me off another area for the same concerns, as these little owls in our county are small in numbers and they don't like people disturbing their nesting areas. Oh well such as rules go. I herd your good until you get caught and I did, so I need to stick to those rules now. The ranger was nice and walked me over to the sign that says you can't go that way, as I apparently missed it and he did his job to make sure I know where that sign is now. Towards the later afternoon I could see the clouds to the south billowing high in the sky which is kind of neat to sit and watch.
 

Attachments

  • bike 062318 1.webp
    bike 062318 1.webp
    702.3 KB · Views: 96
  • bike 062318 2.webp
    bike 062318 2.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • bike 062318 3.webp
    bike 062318 3.webp
    969.3 KB · Views: 83
  • bike 062318 4.webp
    bike 062318 4.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • bike 062318 5.webp
    bike 062318 5.webp
    896.1 KB · Views: 78
  • bike 062318 6.webp
    bike 062318 6.webp
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • bike 062318 7.webp
    bike 062318 7.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • bike 062318 8.webp
    bike 062318 8.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
Be thankful..you coulda fell on that cactus dude.

The yellow on that finch can't get any yellower.

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Last edited:
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
 
Be thankful..you coulda fell on that cactus dude.

The yellow on that finch can't get any yellower.

GOD Bless

Chris
No kidding, those prickly pear cactus needles hurt like a mother. I've had em go through the soles of my shoes. Indeed that Gold Finch really stuck out with his bright yellow color. They really blend in picking the seed out of the sunflowers and those are just now beginning to blossom. They like to eat all the thistle around here also. I only see them around here in the summertime.
 
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:
 
No kidding, those prickly pear cactus needles hurt like a mother. I've had em go through the soles of my shoes. Indeed that Gold Finch really stuck out with his bright yellow color. They really blend in picking the seed out of the sunflowers and those are just now beginning to blossom. They like to eat all the thistle around here also. I only see them around here in the summertime.

Pretty intelligent.. they know to go where the food is.
 
Last edited:
there is much beauty in your life
 
Nice pics1 That one of the billowing clouds is beautiful!
 
I took a bike ride of what I figure 15 miles yesterday along all the trails we have around here, as it was a pretty nice day until I crashed going fast down a hill and crushed my left shoulder into the hard surface. Dang I've not had any incidents like that in a long time and it seems pain is a whole new kind of pain at this age. I couldn't sleep on either shoulder last night. Anyways this is some of the things I saw. This farm I took a picture of started out as a tavern and way station for stage couches in the 1860s and it was said Ulysses S Grant had even stopped by there once. Before all that these creek systems were the hunting grounds of the Cheyenne and Arapahoe and I have found evidence of the native activity along these little waterways in some stone artifacts. It also looks like we some burrowing owls are in the area as they closed the trail saying it was for the reason of ground nesting birds. I had a ranger run me off another area for the same concerns, as these little owls in our county are small in numbers and they don't like people disturbing their nesting areas. Oh well such as rules go. I herd your good until you get caught and I did, so I need to stick to those rules now. The ranger was nice and walked me over to the sign that says you can't go that way, as I apparently missed it and he did his job to make sure I know where that sign is now. Towards the later afternoon I could see the clouds to the south billowing high in the sky which is kind of neat to sit and watch.

Man those pictures would have looked so good in The Random Picture Thread...

oh wait that's right... ITS CLOSED !

:P

Nice pics.
 
Nice pics1 That one of the billowing clouds is beautiful!
I'm not particularly pleased with how the whole scene looks after playing with it, but I was trying to enhance the texture of that cloud more as the original picture the cloud was really bright. It was pretty cool to watch as it was building up pretty fast from the moist cold mountain air was merging with the hot dry air of the plains. It got down into the high 50s that night and the next day was very nice in the mid 70s all day. I can do more on my phone than I can on the 15 year old photo system on my laptop, but all and all there's times when lighting is just better and a picture will need nothing else at all to look nice. That's what I look for when traveling all day, but what do ya do when you see cool wildlife on the dark side of a mountain. You take a shot at what ya got or get nothing.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180626_061717.webp
    IMG_20180626_061717.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Man those pictures would have looked so good in The Random Picture Thread...

oh wait that's right... ITS CLOSED !

:P

Nice pics.
Yeah, seemed a bit bias to me, especially when you see a post that identifies your rock and goes on for now 5 years.
 
I'm not particularly pleased with how the whole scene looks after playing with it, but I was trying to enhance the texture of that cloud more as the original picture the cloud was really bright. It was pretty cool to watch as it was building up pretty fast from the moist cold mountain air was merging with the hot dry air of the plains. It got down into the high 50s that night and the next day was very nice in the mid 70s all day. I can do more on my phone than I can on the 15 year old photo system on my laptop, but all and all there's times when lighting is just better and a picture will need nothing else at all to look nice. That's what I look for when traveling all day, but what do ya do when you see cool wildlife on the dark side of a mountain. You take a shot at what ya got or get nothing.


Yeah, I figured out newer technology is important for editing. So, I don't try so hard anymore.
 
Yeah, seemed a bit bias to me, especially when you see a post that identifies your rock and goes on for now 5 years.

Exactly.
 
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Sorry about the crash, hope you heal up soon. :icon_thumleft:
 
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Sorry about the crash, hope you heal up soon. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks! I must have hit somewhat hard on left side, because my left shoulder still hurts, my left rib cage is in pain when I lay on my back and the left side of my pelvic hurts when I walk, but the pain is getting less as time goes and extra doses of Advil helps.
 
Well maybe it was all the hot babes and stunt dummies that got posted that drew the line? I like it, as it was great to see so many interesting images both found online and in private collections coming to light.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom