What's new

Out of Place Keepers

chasev

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 7, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I was wondering has anyone ever found a keeper in the wrong type of roll, for example a silver Roosevelt in a roll of pennies.
 
Upvote 0
chasev said:
I was wondering has anyone ever found a keeper in the wrong type of roll, for example a silver Roosevelt in a roll of pennies.
No, but have found new Dollars, numerous Quarters a dime and several pennies in Half Rolls; only time come out ahead though is when it is a Dollar coin- in one box not too long ago found a Dollar, a quarter and a Dime, in the end was shorted .15 cents in that box. Oh and so far 4 brittish Pences too, which ain't worth nuthin!
 
A post was just on that topic 2 weeks ago. I did find a merc when i used my ruler to scoop out the space on top of the coin machine where coins get lost. Lol after learnin that trick ive gotten a few extra dollars.
 
I just searched a bag of nickles today and pulled a Mercury Dime and a Barber Dime.....

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
I just searched a bag of nickles today and pulled a Mercury Dime and a Barber Dime.....

Mojo
Mojo, you need to go back and get the bag of dimes if it came off the bank's coin counter. :icon_thumright:
 
enamel7 said:
coinmojo said:
I just searched a bag of nickles today and pulled a Mercury Dime and a Barber Dime.....

Mojo
Mojo, you need to go back and get the bag of dimes if it came off the bank's coin counter. :icon_thumright:

Exactly.
 
A few months ago, I got a 1945 dime in a roll of half dollars. Some of the halves were silver clad, but finding the Mercury dime was a real treat.
 
Hey coinmojo great find on the merc and barber dimes
 
Not in a roll but I asked my teller the usuial - you have any forgen coins, tokens, ect. She said no coins but she did have a token for me, it was a no-date SLQ. :tongue3:
 
i found a 1949 quarter in a bank bag of halves. :icon_thumleft:
 
Once I got a silver Canadian (George VI) dime in a roll of cents. I also got a 1913 British sixpence (silver) in a roll of cents. A long time ago, I got a 1919 silver Canadian 5 cents at the end of a roll of cents.

Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom