Out of the silver slump

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
You folks may/may not remember not long ago I posted a 1905 barber dime, and hoped it was a sign that I was out of my silver drought. I guess it was, 'cause on my next trip I found 3. Nothing spectacular at all, but silver none the less. I found 16 wheats from this new spot, 1910 being the oldest. I knew with all these wheats there should be some silver. Then offcenter (my hunting partner) came over to me with a nice merc in his hand. (I always know when he's got something good, because he comes walking over to me with his hand cupped). ;D Shortly afterwards, I pulled out a rough-looking silver war nickle. Then a few more wheats and then a rosie. Then offcenter pulled a rosie, and minutes later I got another rosie. By this time it was getting dark and we were at a residence, so we called it a night for that spot. The rest of the night I only found some clad and one more wheat at another spot.

Anyway, funny how you can go forever without finding silver, then all of a sudden it's back in your pocket again for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
nice score,

silver finds here where I am are pretty scarce,slim to none actually

Whats the date on that nickle you found?

Nice going. I bet you're wearing a Big Smile, Cheese!
:D
Cheers, Mike ;)

Looks good to me, silver finds here are slow in coming also. WTG

:D WTG my man, don't slow down now that the Wilver Gods are on your side, again. HH

Desertfox

Congrats!!! Cheese....
Looks like a very good day...
Continued Good luck & Happy hunting~

Congrats on getting out of the silver slump, that nickel looks about like a 43s that I dug last weekend. I just got back to land detecting recently cause of the super dry weather and it seems nice to find some silver coins again. I've been water detecting mostly this summer because of the drought. HH

Good deal on the silver. :)

Soak that nickel in some ammonia for about 5 minutes and then give it a good rub and it will take most of the black off.

Bob

Any time you find silver, it's a good day!!! ;)

Congrats!~ Nana ;)

I'll take them!!!!!
No such thing, as bad silver!!!
RD

It's nice to bring home the silver, and I hope your slump IS over. I seem to have hit a silver ring slump for the time being. Waiting for it to break. Good luck Bud.

CZ's have always been a silver magnet. If you're swingin' one...your odds of finding some increase.

Thanks for the replies!

The nickle is a 1945.

Silverfreak...that's why I bought one ;). I love my Fisher CZ7, especially now with the 12.5" coil. It's the same as your CZ70 except that it doesn't have the 4th tone between pulltab and silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back