Out to Lunch

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I picked up a sand scoop with a longer handle recently.
I put it off for over a year but finally broke down figuring I'm missing out and
after seeing/hearing of some good finds.

I was concerned it might look odd for someone my age digging in a "Tot Lot"
But after pulling out quite a few sharp objects and choking hazards, I felt as if I might be doing a service.

After 20-30 min over my lunch break.
I was hoping for some gold but ended up with some (clad) keepers anyway
I look forward to more sand and beach hunts.

Attachments

• 5906.jpg
    5906.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
S

southbound

You are helping make playgrounds safer and having fun too!
Vern

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out and the clad is always welcome, nice to get paid to do your hobby even if it's only $.36 cents and hour, LOL! I made a nice sand scoop from PVC pipe for the beaches, works well enough considering we don't have many this far inland. HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your service Froggy! ;D

You did good!

;)

B

BIG61AL

I may not dig up evrey signal I know is is a nail but i pick up every screw, nail, glass schard, rusty metal etc etc I see on the ground that will fit in my pouch. Just the thought of some kid falling off a bike and getting cut on something that should not have been left there make me ill. I remember all the times I got cut on the foot from stepping on something just like that. If you can pick up a hazard to prevent an injury later ... do it. I alway feel good about putting the crap where it belongs, the trash can.
HH

AL

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Since I did originally posted this I've had more chances to get out to other spots.
I'm still finding some good ol' clad and a brand new Grader toy, now a desk top treasure.
But man! there are still a lot of rusty sharpies out there.....
As AL said, It does feel good to remove them.

I now have a recovery mission for a lady at work. she wants me to find her husbands ring lost off the end of her dock years ago. She also gave me a lead on a pond where some guys were shooting trap and one lost his Diamond encrusted Rolex. Both are supposedly in only 2-3 feet of water. she even pointed it out on a map and will get me permission from the land owner.

The Rolex is reported to have been covered by Insurance and left where it flew off.

Attachments

• grader.jpg
    grader.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread