ow my god!

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
My brain popped and its in heaven, OK how about if you had a spinning reader on your MD you know the part that shows you what its reading. ::)
But i get sick of getting the plug and not knowing what the reading is. Well mine changes sometimes.

And i thought that maybe when i grow up i could have a metal detecting company were we recrut beginners to camps for kids and may young adult or the sick.
Well i thought maybe have workers that i work with places for them to go hunt., :tard:
Well then again were am i going to get the money, even if we had donations it wouldn't float long.

OK. The next door neighbor wants to get into it, when the sun comes out i will ask if he wants to test out my MD for a day. If he likes it i will let him barrow it for five days.

plehbah said:
If I understand you correctly, you want to start camps to indoctrinate people to the metal detecting lifestyle?

Considering that many of us are "active historians", and we are working with a non-renewable resource, I would have to say that I would not support such an idea.

And anyways, if you really want to introduce people to the "scene", why not just buy them a beat up old van with a bunch of clad, pulltabs, screwcaps, brass lawn sprinkler system pieces, and balled up dirty sweatsocks rolling around in the back?

We do this here at our camp. I get donated machines from Minelab and Tesoro. I have dug a nice treasure pit with different (safe) targets for kids and adults to enjoy....The most important way to make your venue a success is being positive! Not saying things like if I had the money it wouldn't float stuff! lol LIKE, the old saying goes...."build it and they will come!"

plehbah© said:
And anyways, if you really want to introduce people to the "scene", why not just buy them a beat up old van with a bunch of clad, pulltabs, screwcaps, brass lawn sprinkler system pieces, and balled up dirty sweatsocks rolling around in the back?

Hey! some of us have old beat up pick-up trucks ya know...

(and your forgot the dead batteries rolling around the bed)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back