OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY !

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
So the centerpiece coin is crafted from an 8 Reale yet it is 3/4" in diameter? They must be taking an 8 Reale and melting it down to cast into a smaller "coin".

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
"This ring is truly a unique statement piece for any man to wear - and a genuine piece of history"

I would certainly question the sexual orientation of any man I would see carrying such a loud and corny piece of jewelry... ;)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from: Diver_Down on Today at 06:59:27 AM
So the centerpiece coin is crafted from an 8 Reale yet it is 3/4" in diameter? They must be taking an 8 Reale and melting it down to cast into a smaller "coin".

You missed the sales catch phrase "created from an authentic 8 reales coin". "Created from" meaning it is Not a real coin. Really sneaky "truth" in advertising. Dell

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm laughing so hard right now, I can hardly type this.

Dell, I'm sorry, but I have to say that it takes an LRL Dealer to spot that little advertising inconsistency.

Best laugh of the day so far.

Mike

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Alexandre said:
"This ring is truly a unique statement piece for any man to wear - and a genuine piece of history"

I would certainly question the sexual orientation of any man I would see carrying such a loud and corny piece of jewelry... ;)
Why? are you homophobic?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
gollum said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm laughing so hard right now, I can hardly type this.

Dell, I'm sorry, but I have to say that it takes an LRL Dealer to spot that little advertising inconsistency.

Best laugh of the day so far.

Mike

I got a chuckle out of that as well.

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
and to think someone will probably buy that thing thinking they own a rare piece.......

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps I am mistaken, but they don´t say that the centerpiece IS an 8 Reales - which incidentally is almost 2¨in diameter - but is fabricated
F R O M an authentic 8 Real coin. ¿Who n h ----, beside gullum, would wear such a thing? Good for bashing though - silver knuckles..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Now The Bradford Exchange, in cooperation with Odyssey Marine Exploration, presents the Sao Jose Shipwreck Men's Ring created from an authentic 8 reales coin as the centerpiece of the ring! This ring is truly a unique statement piece for any man to wear - and a genuine piece of history.

A fine jewelry design available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange, each Sao Jose Shipwreck Men's Ring is crafted in solid sterling silver and plated in 24K gold, created from an authentic silver 8 reales coin salvaged from the wreck.

That sure is mis-leading. "Created from" can mean an actual original was the starting point or in this case, really means an original was the basis for the design.

Since so many people don't read ads completely (as anyone who has ever had Ebay buyers ask questions that are clearly already answered in the ad, can tell you), I wonder how many buyers of this coin will think it's an original old coin ?

... also not sure how they figure a replica is a 'genuine piece of history'.

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
Now The Bradford Exchange, in cooperation with Odyssey Marine Exploration, presents the Sao Jose Shipwreck Men's Ring created from an authentic 8 reales coin as the centerpiece of the ring! This ring is truly a unique statement piece for any man to wear - and a genuine piece of history.

A fine jewelry design available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange, each Sao Jose Shipwreck Men's Ring is crafted in solid sterling silver and plated in 24K gold, created from an authentic silver 8 reales coin salvaged from the wreck.

That sure is mis-leading. "Created from" can mean an actual original was the starting point or in this case, really means an original was the basis for the design.

Since so many people don't read ads completely (as anyone who has ever had Ebay buyers ask questions that are clearly already answered in the ad, can tell you), I wonder how many buyers of this coin will think it's an original old coin ?

... also not sure how they figure a replica is a 'genuine piece of history'.

Yes... What a joke...! These people of Arqueonautas are claiming to be archaeologists and would try to tear you apart if you name them as treasure hunters. They don't have the guts and surely are too hypocritical to accept the fact they are...

Nothing wrong to be a treasure hunter, but to pretend not being one and manipulate people, that's a nasty behavior !

Either you take commercially advantage of salvaging a shipwreck and you are a treasure hunter ! Or you don't take commercially advantage of your finds, and everything from the site is studied and goes to a museum or a public institution. Then you are considered as archaeologist, it is as simple as that ! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread