What's new

P is for....

funny how life changes and comes back to bite you in the butt...growing up i thought it was funny to show off to my friends by rolling in Poison ivy and never have any issues , and later in life i was always picked to be the one to go clear it out of old houses we dissmantled.
until one really hot summer in NC i was stripping it off a wall of a log cabin, the next morning i woke up and my arms were all itchy and bumpy and i was like ???? what the heck is this ?
and since that day if i am handling it i get a small rash . thank god it is not like my sons rash.. he will get it head to toe if he walks down wind of it...
 
"P is for... Poison Ivy!"?

Sorry.. that wasn't my first thought... but I'm a dirty old man!:censored:
 
hay every one
for what it's worth been stung on several o-cation
most be part of growing up or remodeling the home ....


liftloop
 
I hope you are much much better by now............63bkpkr
 
I too am hyper-sensitive to poison ivy and have had it several times. I once caught it from being near a fire where it was burned accidentally.

There is a truly great product available now that you wash with that removes the oil that causes the rash to spread and promotes faster recovery. I absolutely swear by this stuff and shower with it if I even think I was exposed to the plant. It's called tecnu extreme and you can find it at walgreens or whatever drug store is local to you. If I see myself breaking out in rash I begin showering with tecnu for the next few days and the rash does not spread and heals quickly.

Tecnu Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub | Walgreens

there are lots of products out there for poison ivy and I have tried them all, this tecnu stuff is the only thing that works for me short of going to the clinic for a shot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom