What's new

P is for....

Find some F.F.A. kid in your town that raises Goats,goats love to eat poison ivy,so pay the kid $10-$20 for a couple of hours,the kid gets some money and the goat gets some food& you don't get a rash again.
 
Thank you everyone =) I am usually covered in poison ivy rash at least once a year and tried to take precautions this time, but apparently I must have rubbed my face at some point, probably after removing my gloves or shoes. I am so allergic to the oils I have found ways to get it in the winter time lol This is maybe the 3rd time I have had it on my face tho and I definitely do not like it around my eyes =/
We are expected to get about 3-6 inches of rain in the next 84 hours so at least I will have reason to stay inside and mend rather than wanting to get back out. At least I can do a good Quasimoto impression now =P

That stuff really is miserable! Not much you can do for it either! Except wait....

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
 
I guess i am one of the lucky ones.. poison I've does not bother me.... B stings & hornet & wasp bites hurts only on the sting then with in a minute or 2 they are gone ... no after effect.........
 
I "layed" down in it when I was in my late teens, embarrassing. Uhh any way........
 
Well... this is a g rated site. Lets just sat I was alone, it was sunny and all my friends made fun of me.:sadsmiley:
 
Poison ivy is miserable! Covered in it as a kid, lips, eyelids, sensitive regions. I would seriously get it from petting my dog that walked through it. Apparently I'm "allergic" to it.

Are you allergic to anything? I have really bad birch allergies and can get a swelling like that in spring.
 
hot hot hot showers seems to help.
 
Just re-read your posts. Sounds like were in same situation with poison ivy.

Have you done the oatmeal washes? I'd literally soak in tubs of oatmeal. It would help the itching and dry out the reaction. Might try a warm compress with an oatmeal bath preparation.
 
Wow, just ignore me. Apparently I don't read through threads properly.

Oatmeal works great!
 
My brother and I have gotten it so many times that now when we get it we hardly notice it, I think we built up some sort of immunity to it...weird but true.

I think it was Gibbons that also said that can happen. Built up immunity. I'd have to reread the book to find it. Actually I'd also have to find the book. Probably 30 years old.
 
Heyas all! I would say I am like 95% now (a bit of redness but hey I have my eyelid back!) and actually got out a bit yesterday and a tiny bit today (tho going again in a few minutes) Yes I am very allergic to the stuff and have been since I can remember. I usually just end up with it on my arms, but it coats like my entire arm and I end up having to gauze it when I go to sleep when it gets to the blistering weepy stage. Hot shower...YES YES YES they feel fantastic! My doctor the other day told me to stay away form them and I was like I guess you never had it before? It draws the histamine up threw your skin and just feels like someone is scratching an itch for you in a major way. And then it subsides and there is a couple of hours of relief.

Sorry to hear of others plights with the stuff. It is horrid to get. Someone mentioned something about bee stings too, and yes I swell very badly with those. Honey bees not so much but wasps and even sweat bees are very bad. Allergies of any sort just plain suck =( ((and to continue my gripping lol our pollen count is 11 out of 12 parts per million so incoming sinus issues))

I hope everyone has a great/allergy free week and hopefully everyone's weather has finally begun the correct season! (68 here woot!)
 
Vandaria, I posted a pic here a coupla years ago. My face was like a basketball. Had to go to the hospital. Learn to recognize Poison Ivy/oak in the winter.... even without leaves. I was cutting brush and tangled with the roots. I have always been sensitive to poison ivy/oak. Seems to come back in the same places once exposed. Antihistamines.... but I'll bet you already know.... judging by the pic! TTC
 
Glad to see you are healing quickly! Good luck detecting!
 
I hope all is better now!!!

When I was a child, I could rub it on me while my brother watched - and he'd get it :)

I've never had it, but something tells me not to push my luck!
 
just too know Keppy got bite by waps
is priceless


liftloop
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom