pabst front (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,122
  • pabst back (Small).jpg
    pabst back (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 805

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
About 2 years ago I was dispatched to do a pick-up at a winery in Temecula CA . I picked up a bunch of cases of empty but sealed wine bottles . They looked right off the shelf except they were , as I said , empty . Turns out that they were going to a home builder in the Bay Area for props in model homes . Perhaps these had a similar use .

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
SWR,

thanks for the info.

Found the company with the inscription on the bottom WF&S is

Known bottle manufacturers:
William Franzen & Son

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Just some info I received from a nice fellow on Antique Bottle Forum, if anyone is interested.

May be that the bottle is not WWII but a bit earlier.

" W.F.& S. MILW......William Franzen & Son, Milwaukee, WI (c.1900-1929). This mark is commonly seen on many beer bottles from the midwest. The mark may have been introduced on ware as early as 1896. See N G W mark "

"N G W..................Northern Glass Works, Milwaukee, WI (1896-1900). Continuation of above factory. Mark is uncommon, but does exist. W.F.& S. mark (William Franzen & Son) might have been the actual mark used on much of the product from this factory during the 1896-1900 period"

all have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my alltime favorite beer bottle i bought from a yard sale for two dollars....it is a full unopened ''dixie '' beer just exactly like the ones in the beer factory on the dirty harry movie.......probably worth 11 cents but still in my china cabinet, top shelf....nice bottle you got there shermanville..........gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread