Other
Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only way to go old man, mexican mules for you, they can scrounge of of the coutry. I used mules for my travels in old Mexico. Hello Terry.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note to anyone interested, suposidly their is a few very old Spanish workings/mines{minas} in the Pyramid lake,Nv area. Mules are most likely not needed, just a good pair of hikeing or snake boots.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
only way to go old man, mexican mules for you, they can scrounge of of the coutry. I used mules for my travels in old Mexico. Hello Terry.

And they are low to the ground and not big leggy things that break legs. Probably do this one on foot though. Can only imagine the Forest Service finding me in there with two fine female Mexican mules.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Terry. I will see if they can help me. Really appreciate it.

Dusty, don't know if they have burros or mules, but they will know exactly where you want to go, anywhere in those mountains...you will recognize the two guys running the OK Corral stables from "Ice Cold Gold" TV show...and/or other shows/videos about lost gold/treasure...or even the author's picture in "Jacob's Trail", if you have that book on your LDM bookshelf...

Best of luck and have fun out there:icon_thumleft:

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only bad thing about OK Corral is they have to go with the horses. That tells a long time dutch hunter where you're looking. You also have to try and smuggle the gold ore past them on the return trip. If a little gold dust sifts its way out of your pack into his canvas pack sack, I'd bet my last dollar after you leave, he'll find it. Next thing you know, you might see your discovery in someone else's book.

Instead of a mule, the Cadillac of pack animals, or a burro, the Chevy Impala, you might consider going with the Ford Pinto of pack animals, the llama. Llama Leases and Rentals – Buckhorn Llama Company, Inc.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The only packer with a permit for wilderness is the OK. You will not see the forest service in the mountain. They just wait at the trail heads. If that. They are very active during fire season in shooting areas. They hit Hewitt hard. AZ fish and game hits that area more so. What's funny most gold hunters know nothing about prospecting. There is gold right where you turn onto first water. People drive right past it then hike for miles and find nothing. Great adventure though.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was another old timer that would pack ya in there. He used to work for OK. I forgot his name but he won't let you ride the animals just pack your stuff. He looks the part though. Like an old prospector.

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only packer with a permit for wilderness is the OK. You will not see the forest service in the mountain. They just wait at the trail heads. If that. They are very active during fire season in shooting areas. They hit Hewitt hard. AZ fish and game hits that area more so. What's funny most gold hunters know nothing about prospecting. There is gold right where you turn onto first water. People drive right past it then hike for miles and find nothing. Great adventure though.

You say the forest service sometimes waits at the trailheads. What do they do there? In California they've stopped me at a trailhead and asked to see my wilderness permit, but I didn't think a wilderness permit was required in the Superstitions.

I think it's a good thing most gold hunters aren't prospectors. If they were, there'd be even more unfilled holes out there than there already are...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say the forest service sometimes waits at the trailheads. What do they do there? In California they've stopped me at a trailhead and asked to see my wilderness permit, but I didn't think a wilderness permit was required in the Superstitions.

I think it's a good thing most gold hunters aren't prospectors. If they were, there'd be even more unfilled holes out there than there already are...

The only ones I've seen have been at the trailhead's - mostly Peralta and Heiroglyphic Canyon. All they ever did was answer questions from tourist types hiking out there for the first time and maybe just remind you to bring plenty of water.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Try the dealers in Buena Vista, Colorado..they actually have mule races there and are proud of the ones they raise

If we return alive I will be surprised. Gonna be an interesting proposition. Looking forward to taking a lot of pictures and posting them in real time.

OP
OP
OldManOfTheRiver

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The only ones I've seen have been at the trailhead's - mostly Peralta and Heiroglyphic Canyon. All they ever did was answer questions from tourist types hiking out there for the first time and maybe just remind you to bring plenty of water.

We got water. Need Llama. Lol. It's gonna be okay. Gonna be fun.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
You will see them where they can drive. The Forest Service and Fish and Game. Always driving. Very active during hunting and fire season. I've talked to them many times

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sarge - you mention First Water Trailhead.. on the "other" Dutchman forums a few years back someone posted a very convincing Peralta Stone solve that placed the mines (not LDM) a hundred yards or so from the trailhead parking lot. He even advertised a prospectus and the results of soil and mineral surveys and it looked promising (at least, to me - in an armchair 3000 miles away). He put forward a theory that arastras were built near Hackleberry Springs.

Http://Mollymarieprospect.com

If you or anyone else knows who I'm referring to - did anything come of it ?

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sarge - you mention First Water Trailhead.. on the "other" Dutchman forums a few years back someone posted a very convincing Peralta Stone solve that placed the mines (not LDM) a hundred yards or so from the trailhead parking lot. He even advertised a prospectus and the results of soil and mineral surveys and it looked promising (at least, to me - in an armchair 3000 miles away). He put forward a theory that arastras were built near Hackleberry Springs.

Http://Mollymarieprospect.com

If you or anyone else knows who I'm referring to - did anything come of it ?
just another of the crazy theories people have come up with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions