GB Paleo
Full Member
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2017
- Messages
- 206
- Reaction score
- 669
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Out West in the Great Basin
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
14
I'll try to explain as best as I can......Almost all dated point types from the Great Basin have come from cave sites. Very few have come from dig sites like those from other parts of the country. Western Stemmed Tradition refers to putting all these stemmed point types from the Great Basin into one group. Silver Lake, Haskett, Lake Mojave, Parman, etc. In my opinion it's the splitters vs those wanting a specific point type. The point above has a Stermer Cert saying it's an Owl Cave but I'd lean more towards a Lake MojaveMaybe someone can straighten me out on this. Is western stemmed a larger group including point types like yours or do they just happen to both have those long bases that are wide unusually high on the point?