MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, :hello:

I think your right, I don't know much about having real stones in Palladium so they could be real, I guess... :dontknow: They do use it as an alloy like Silver/Palladium or White Gold/Palladium if its White Gold and Palladium then you can presume the stones are real. :icon_scratch: I think its just Palladium cause it would have a 14k mark or some mark to show the gold too. :icon_scratch: If it was an Alloy mix. Don't try and scratch glass with it, however hard a diamond is it can still chip and crack the points or even the facets. :o :'(

You can do some home tests, can you see the bottom of the diamond mount through the top of the diamond? If you can its likely not real.. Another one is to breath on the stone, if it clears instantly its real. If it takes a few seconds (3-4) to clear the fog from your breath its fake.

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Looks real to me! Nice find, any jeweler will have a diamond checker,and can confirm if its real or not.

Great find.

Bigp2

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Definitely palladium. It's becoming more and more popular as a jewelry metal as platinum and gold skyrocket in value. Stone is probably real--get it tested!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PD definitely does stand for Palladium. Now get it tested and let us know...some more photos would be nice as well. WTG

50 percent chance its real ..we all hope for you that it is !!! Good Luck

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a 950 after the PD? Your Ring is Palladium. It is a popular metal for rings now and back years ago also. Today it is selling for about 360 per troy ounce with gold at 1118 so that gives you some perspective of its value. Silver is at about 17. Great find. PD 950 is about pure Palladium. Anything less is like others have said. There are lesser alloys it could be mixed with which would make it less valuable.

Here is a link to a blog about Palladium. I believe it is an older blog but it has good information.

http://www.danforthdiamond.com/blog/palladium-jewelry

DaChief

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just in.... :evil5:

They do use real diamonds in Palladium :hello2: so they could be real stones!! :hello2: Normally they don't use real stones in anything under 14k Gold and they don't put them in plated jewelry. :read2:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Absolutely get this stone tested!, My wifes engagement ring which has a very sizeable diamond in it is made from palladium. As stated above it is increasingly becoming a more poplar metal. Nice find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

coin1921

Dec 1, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for all the input. I have been busy at work and off-line for awhile. He was to go to the jewelry store today to inquire about the ring, and I will post the outcome tommorrow

thanks

big paul

Sep 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES QUNTUM2
awesome ring

Attachments

• cool-2.gif
    cool-2.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 401
  • MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 380
  • john7890.gif
    john7890.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 384
  • cool-2.gif
    cool-2.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 360
  • MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 364

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Keeping tabs on this post, as that is one hunk of stone if it is real!!!! Please update us as soon as you find out.

HH,

Jim

OP
OP
C

coin1921

Dec 1, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother took the ring to the jewelers today and received the bad news. According to the jeweler, the stones are CZ's, and the band is made out of magnesium. The jeweler advised that the PD stamped inside the band was the manufacture ID.
Sorry for raising all the excitement, but I thought by his discription, there was a chance it was real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread