What's new

Paper Dollar Searching

MisterCrabApples

Jr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi all,

I was curious if anyone searches paper dollar bills. Any info would be greatly appreciated on what to look for and the likes. I figured I would look for bizarre serial number and star notes. Printing errors with the serial number as well. Anything else I should be looking for..

Thanks in advance
 
Upvote 0
There's a seperate section under Misc for currency hunting. Doesn't seem that too many people do it, but those who do have find odd serial numbers that are worth some major cash.

Brian
 
check under the paper currency section of the site, the link just above the Coin Roll Hunting. Actually I primarily search $2s, $1s (paper), and then coins. I like the $2s most because you find the most amount of 'marked' money which I think is cool. Lots of 'happy birthdays,' 'Merry Christmas 1987,' lots of names, stamps, etc. Also the $2s last a lot longer since they aren't circulated as much so you see a lot of series 1976 and 1995, unlike any other paper money denomination.
 
i don't hunt for them, but i pick paper bills out of pocket change. some things to look out for is the rare star notes. you can go to this http://www.aero-phoenix.com/mcc/reference/stars/ website, and if the serial number is in a colored box, it could be worth some money. if its in a white box, spend it. keep bills older than 1995, and look for the web press notes too. they can be worth lots of money. and if you don't already know, here is the website to see if the serial number on a bill is collectable. http://www.coolnumbers.com/
 
That site is really great coinlover but when you find a star note with a low production run, how do you know what it's worth?
 
Immy said:
That site is really great coinlover but when you find a star note with a low production run, how do you know what it's worth?
the only way to find out if its worth something is buy the black book of currency. they have all sorts of currency values in there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom