Paper finds

Galen

Greenie
Jan 1, 2011
We have this fairly large building on our property. Hasn't been in use since the early 20th century, with the exception of us storing old furniture and such there. It is sadly slowly decaying, but we don't have either time or money enough to restore it. Anyway, most of it has been cleaned out, but I took a look anyway. One of the old chests hasn't been touched, due to it being filled with bags of down and feathers - and I happen to have a bird phobia. ;D Somehow managed to get trough my fears, and dug down to the bottom - and found a lot of paper, all from 1918-1919. To me, this is treasure. :icon_thumright:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, my camera isn't all that great and neither was the lighting.

img6240t.jpg

Envelope - addressed to my great great grandfather.

img6242q.jpg

A whole bunch of member newsletters, both from housekeeping societies (not sure how to translate it properly :wink: ) and from an agrarian organization.

img6243b.jpg

Political newsletters from Allmänna valmansförbundet, nowadays the Moderate Party.

img6241m.jpg

Political pamphlet, when translated titled Parliamentarism, class struggle and people's happiness. Not quite what I expected. Gave it a quick read through, and it essentially boils down to, by using various violent insurgencies in parliamentarian countries as a main argument, claiming that parliaments, democracy and such modern garbage inevitably leads to revolution and anarchy. :o

img6244e.jpg

A damaged copy of Bohus-Posten, a moderate newspaper. Published 27th October 1919.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Galen

Galen

Greenie
Jan 1, 2011
Well.. the newspaper has headlines such as The Entente is facing large costs for troop deployment. :D

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
Very neat finds, especially the envelope adressed to your great great grandfather! It's nice to see things found in other countries. -Garbageman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread