What's new

Paranoia over Gold Coins in 1910

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,973
Reaction score
76,430
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Arizona sentinel. volume (Arizona City [Yuma], Yuma County, A.T. [Ariz.]), 11 Aug. 1910.

1.webp
2.webp
3.webp
4.webp

Hmmm. I'd think it would be easier to Counterfeit the Bill :laughing7:


The Arizona sentinel. volume (Arizona City [Yuma], Yuma County, A.T. [Ariz.]) 1872-1911, August 11, 1910, Image 4 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress
 
Really, somebody was able to bite a gold coin in two? Man he has a stronger jaw than mine, I don't think I could even dent a gold coin. I've had a couple of them, and they seem pretty hard to me, but I didn't try biting them either.
 
thanx for the interesting link Jeff. Yes, gold coins ........ although minted into the late 1920s or so, .... had ceased common circulation by about the turn of the century. Paper money, wiring transfer, and checks had become to take the place of denominations that large.

That's why you'll notice, that whenever someone on T'net here ever finds the holy-grail of a USA gold coin, you'll notice they are almost always turn of century-ish or earlier. Rarely do you ever see gold coins from the teens or '20s found.
 
Maybe he had false teeth?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom