Park Finds Today

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Went to the closest park near my house this morning, and got some silver and gold. I took my M6 with the 5.3 Eclipse coil.

This park was made a park in 1951 and over the years, I have gotten some nice silver coins from it.
Starting with the playground area, and picking up the usual clad coins and small junk items, I then get a nickel/ring signal. As I dig it out of the woodchips, the ring looks silver???and as I pass it under the coil again, I still get a gold reading. I wipe it off on my shirt, and look inside the band.... it says 18KT GE :o :o It IS a gold ring...... white gold plated, with a nice CZ stone. ;D ;D

Searching for another 1/2 hour gets nothing else, so I go to a grassy area that used to have a restroom building there years ago. It has been gone for about 20 years, and in the past, I have found other silver coins in this area, of the park.

Getting a few more clad coins, and a couple more junk items, I then get another quarter signal.
Thinking I am going to pull up another clad 25 center, I am suprised when it comes out shiny....It is a silver one :o :o
Searching with real small overlapping sweeps, I get 2 Rosy dimes in about 15 minutes. After another 20 minutes or so of nothing else, I decide the 2 1/2 hour hunt was pretty good so I call it a day.

I am just posting the good items found....don't think you want to see dirty clad and junk items.... ;)

Attachments

• GoodFinds.jpg
    GoodFinds.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 650
  • ringfront.jpg
    ringfront.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That's a great find! congrats

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Sweet finds, Dime. That ring is impressive...hard to believe someone could have that come off their finger and not notice it. I'd hit the heck out of that park....bling and multiple silver in 2 1/2 hours.....dang!

MP

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Mirage said:
Nice finds. The ring looks sweet.

BTW - we like to see it all! ;D ;D ;D
Ok--- I'll show the dirty clad and junk items, that I found ;)........You twisted my swinging arm.. :P :P.

The clean coins must have been dropped in the last few days,as they were on top of the woodchips ;D

Attachments

• Common.jpg
    Common.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 261

Tsalagi

May 4, 2007
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100/GC-1016a/GC1018
sweet ring wtg
too bad that diamond is only CZ.

either way still beautiful