Park Finds

Jun 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I went out to a local park today to try out my new 5x8 coil with my Garrett AT Max. This park usually produces modern coins and the occasional wheat penny from the 1940s and 1950s. I enjoyed hunting with this coil, I was surprised how small it was when I got it. I had a couple nice coin finds with a 1909 Wheat penny and 1918 Mercury dime in the same hole. I also found the brass spigot today and was wondering if anyone had an idea of age. The other piece found with the spigot was found on a previous hunt, but I also wondered what it might be. It looks like some kind of fancy hook to me.

Happy hunting,

Josh

IMG_7277_med.jpg IMG_7279_med.jpg IMG_7283.jpg

Upvote 18

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! I love the little spigot and the token. Curious as to what is on the other side! Congrats!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know what part of the state you're from, but welcome aboard fellow Mass hunter! We're fortunate to live in a place where great finds are a common occurrence. Yours are excellent- the Merc is in fantastic shape and wondering if there's a VDB on the back of your 09?

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet and thanks for sharing! That spigot does look old, and that hook thing is cool. Beautiful Merc', congrats!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! It's always great to find silver, too! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
M
Jun 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,

I am in the Metro Boston area. Thank you for the welcome! I haven't checked the wheat sent for the VDB, but hopefully I will find some time soon.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Josh

Don't know what part of the state you're from, but welcome aboard fellow Mass hunter! We're fortunate to live in a place where great finds are a common occurrence. Yours are excellent- the Merc is in fantastic shape and wondering if there's a VDB on the back of your 09?

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jeff,

I am in the Metro Boston area. Thank you for the welcome! I haven't checked the wheat sent for the VDB, but hopefully I will find some time soon.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Josh

Best of luck to you too Josh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread