Park Hunt with Coins and Bottles

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local park today that I've been to before and decided to try my metal detector in the creek that runs through it. I didn't dig anything in the creek cause of the amount of trash but since there was older broken glass I decided to look for bottles. After searching the creek for about an hour I managed to find two complete bottles. If you know what year/time period they are from I'd love to know. After the creek I detected the park's sledding hill and got a 1.42$$ in clad. Overall not a bad day. HH and have a great day, Zach

Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437433852.107155.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437433866.574025.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437433878.110919.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437433888.726772.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437433900.226793.jpg

I bet the water part of the hunt was refreshing. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on getting out and enjoying the hobby. Wish I could have been there.

I love finding bottles metal detecting. Nice finds. I don't know anything about them other than the shorter one looks like an ink bottle but has a twist top so it may be shoe polish. i'm no expert by any means

I bet the water part of the hunt was refreshing. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on getting out and enjoying the hobby. Wish I could have been there.

Yea It was really nice on the river. It was shallow which was good considering I had my phone with me. HH and have a good day, Zach.

Yea It was really nice on the river. It was shallow which was good considering I had my phone with me. HH and have a good day, Zach.

I believe you are correct on the small bottle being an ink bottle but I have no clue what the other bottle could have been used for. Last year I found a beautiful blue bottle with my metal detector. It had the metal cap still on which made the detector go off. I ended up digging a hole around the bottle and ended up getting two other complete bottles (must have been a small dump). HH and have a great day, Zach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back