Parking Lot Find At The Animal Shelter

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I'm not sure where we are supposed to post our 2009 lost money finds, so I'll post my first one here. Today I visited the local animal shelter and pulled my car into the parking lot. We have a lot of snow on the ground right now but I saw an envelope standing straight up and sticking out of the snow. I looked at it for about 5 seconds and then bent down to pick it up. The envelope was sealed and I looked at it and I could tell there was some paper currency in there. At first I thought I hope it isn't a huge amount that someone lost because I thought how am I going to find the person that lost it. Then I looked at the writing on the envelope and figured it wouldn't be a large amount since it was to purchase milk. The envelope contained 5-$1.00 bills. When I went into the animal shelter I asked if there was anyone that worked there by the name of Ruth. Four of the volunteer workers said they didn't know anyone by that name, possibly there might be another volunteer there on another day they might not be aware of. I figured I inquired and no one was there today by that name so I'm going to keep the money.

Attachments

• ParkingLotFind.jpg
    ParkingLotFind.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Why didn't I think of that! I'll have to go back and inquire if "Mark" works there. If he does then I'll ask him if he knows Ruth and then give him the envelope.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Man that sucks. $5 meant something to that guy, and someone even had to offer him some milk. Think about that the next time someone gets pissed off becuase they don't have the latest "toy".

Between the better half and I, we clear about $250k per year. We live in a great house, which we bought in 2000, and pay about $2k per month on. We have newer cars, but no debt. We are 40 years old, and plan to retire in 5-10 years. I come home drunk with a new power tool every now and then, but the wife is good with the $$$, and is the sane one; she forgives my occasional transgressions, tolerates my various schemes (like CRH) and let's me go to vegas once a year with the boys to run amok. We try to raise our 7 year old right. His college education is funded, and I dump my coins into his account. Mama gives him a few hundred $$ every now and then.

I suspect that most of the folks on this board are fed, warm, and a safe when they lie down at night. I am, and I am thankful for this. Flame away of you want.

Happy hunting.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
STDevil said:
Man that sucks. $5 meant something to that guy, and someone even had to offer him some milk. Think about that the next time someone gets pissed off becuase they don't have the latest "toy".

Between the better half and I, we clear about $250k per year. We live in a great house, which we bought in 2000, and pay about $2k per month on. We have newer cars, but no debt. We are 40 years old, and plan to retire in 5-10 years. I come home drunk with a new power tool every now and then, but the wife is good with the $$$, and is the sane one; she forgives my occasional transgressions, tolerates my various schemes (like CRH) and let's me go to vegas once a year with the boys to run amok. We try to raise our 7 year old right. His college education is funded, and I dump my coins into his account. Mama gives him a few hundred $$ every now and then.

I suspect that most of the folks on this board are fed, warm, and a safe when they lie down at night. I am, and I am thankful for this. Flame away of you want.

Happy hunting.

Its a shame to because im pretty sure after all the advantages your little guy is getting the precentages say he wont do anything with it. I live in a very rich town however i am no where near rich so ive seen it my whole life. Mom and dad got a nice little pile of cash for college all set up and when the kid gets there they either flunk out or get a druged up b/c why should they care it isnt there money. Plus mom and dad will be there to bail me out if it hits the fan.

try to get that cash back if you could. Sure sounds important by the note

oracle

Nov 1, 2008
MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Kudos for making the effort to return the money. Some people would have just pocketed it and not said a word.

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
When you go back to the animal shelter to inquire about Mark if you find out he doesn't work there why not consider giving the $5 to the shelter. Just a thought.

Ju8vP3t

My last "Parking Lot" find was $40, I pulled in, a strip mall, got out of the car, took about 4 or 5 steps, happened to look down and there was a $20 folded in quarters, I opened it up and it was 2, I looked around, no one anywhere...so I thought, what do you do? are you going to go into a store and ask if someone dropped $40 in the parking lot? NO!!! , only thing to do, I had to keep it

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If "Mark" lost his 5 bucks, it must not have meant too much to him. If it was Ruth that lost it, Mark never will know. Sounds like a big mystery to me either way. :icon_scratch:

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread