What's new

Parking ticket?????????????

Sounds a lot like the ticket I got years ago in Boston while unloading in a Loading Zone ? paid the ticket .
Years later my lic. is suspended for an unpaid ticket ? I take my paid receipt to the ticket office , Attilla The Hun tells me that any 5th grader can make one of those in computer class and until it shows paid on her computer screen ,it hasn't been paid .
Bob
 
The little B's got you twice! Hence...Taxachuetts! I think they only hire Attilla The Huns to work there, I've met my share. Try to avoid that place like the plague!
 
Ms beep
I am giving up fighting with them now over my new Cam-Superline Diamond Plate Car Trailer , some idiot with Dyslexia at the RMV listed the price/value on the title/Registration papers as $ 6300. ( 4 axles , not 4 tires ? ) evan though I paid a sales tax based on $ 3600. ( The List and Selling Price ) I can NOT get them to correct it , leaving me no choice but to pay off the tax's and late fees and register the trailer in Maine , before moving out of this Fee Crazy state for a warmer climate .
Bob
 
Two years after moving from VA to Cali, I was stopped on Christmas Eve and my car towed for failure to pay insurance. The insurance which I'd kept constant throughout the move and since. The problem was that VA thought I was still there and had flagged my car. This despite my going to VA DMV specifically to ask whether there was a "I'm moving, please update" paperwork or notification process.

Took three weeks, several calls to VA, faxes, court appearances (that I lost), and my car impounded for me to have the great honor of paying hundreds to the towing lot to get my car back.

The DMV should certainly have a national database if nothing else. I hadn't even switched insurance providers. Seems a no-brainer to contact the VA provider and ask whether I'm still paying (now in Cali). Ugh.

I have seen a couple Youtube videos of POed folks paying two lots and the like in thousands of pennies, which is perfectly legal as long as the service has already been rendered (you can do this for a bill, but not say, over the counter at a 7/11).
 
In 2001, I received a letter from an attorney, at my mobile home in McAllen, telling me unless I contacted them to settle damages for the wreck my old Dodge Caravan had been involved in, across the border in Reynosa, they would take me to court for damages.

I believe that was at a time I was in Mexico and my car was parked in front of my mobile home. And, the only times we crossed the border, we park on the US side and walk across.

I contacted my insurance company, and tried to talk to them. They asked if anyone else had access to the car keys. Well, yes, my daughter came every so often to check the house. They said, well, maybe she took the car. Grrrrrr!!!

Anyway, I drove the car to the State Farm place where they examine the damage, and they admitted, this car has NEVER been in a wreck, and so communicated to the lawyer.

I heard nothing. My SIL is the nephew of the county attorney, he told his uncle and a few days later, I got a letter which admitted it could not have been my car.
 
Ask them if you could pay it in Chinese Yuan. The Chinese own most of DC now don't they?
 
The employees at the BMV and SOME of our local law enforcement are beyond incompetent. If you have every seen the movie Idiocracy, you will understand what is becoming of this country.

My friend recently found out that he had a warrant out for his arrest. Someone ran into his car years before, the cops were called, and a report was written. For some reason the cop listed my friend as not having insurance, which he did in fact have. He was supposedly mailed a citation, which he never received. He was supposedly sent a notice to appear in court, which he also did not receive.

When it came time to renew his drivers license he found out all of this information and that a warrant had been issued for his arrest. It took months of fighting to get all of it straightened out. It is hard to work with a government office that "never makes mistakes". Basically the same as arguing with an idiot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom