What's new

Part of a Civil War wagon?

Dan in VA

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this relic recently. The 12th infantry of a certain state was at the campsite, so maybe it fell off of their supply wagon? It is some sort of logo I think, and a similar looking piece is pictured below as well. It appears to have a silver color and shine to the better preserved parts of it. :help:

twelvecloseup.jpg


twelvelogofront.jpg


twelvelogoback.jpg
 
Looks like die cast, or pot metal. I'd say off an automobile. 12 cylinder maybe?
 
Upvote 0
vhs07 said:
Looks like die cast, or pot metal. I'd say off an automobile. 12 cylinder maybe?

I agree. This piece is obviously made of pot metal. It is 20th century for sure.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
It's potmetal. Early to mid 1900's, sorry. Either off a car or appliance. In this case I have to agree with CatfishJK1, looks like Kelvinator.
 
Upvote 0
Well I am still not 100% convinced, but ya'll are the experts and not me. Thank you for the help! I guess my imagination got the best of me this time ;D
 
Upvote 0
Exhibit A
 

Attachments

  • 3296768747_cf07866d96.webp
    3296768747_cf07866d96.webp
    40 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet Dan in VA :hello:

I think Exhibit A seals the deal :hello2: Great picture ID Lucas :icon_thumleft:

Imagination and metal detecting is a good combination. The 'what is it?' forum is a good place to keep imagination in check :D
 
Upvote 0
Exhibit A convinces me. Nice ID, guys. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom