Pass-a-Grille Beach Fl

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A hunting buddy of mine and I went to Pass-a-Grille beach today (Near St. Pete Beach) for a little over two hours. We had to stop and check our machines after the first half hour to make sure they were working.

We were both walking waist deep along the beach and getting zero, nothing, nada... not even trash.

We saw a couple of other guys in the water further down and they didn't appear to be doing a lot of digging either.

Sunday I was up at Treasure Island early in the morning. I talked to a guy leaving the water who said he was one of three in the water this morning already. There were two other guys working the dry sand.

So, it's not surprising that this is all we got for today's 2 hours hunt. We are using PI machines and digging everything. The surf was calm, the water clear and the weather beautiful.

It's like the beaches around here have been hit pretty hard and even the trash is gone...

Beats a good day at the office I suppose.

My buddy got the other quarter and only one pull tab...

5-20.jpg

Upvote 0
I hit Pass-a-grill last friday morn for a few hours and it was pretty thin. Dug a gold earring and some clad. That was about it. Had better much luck on Sunset beach and hit TI for a bit but not much there either. TI seems to get alot of MD'ers and it's so big that everyone is 25 yrds from each other so you need to cover alot of ground. I think you could spend a week on it and only dent it. It's a 15 min walk to the snack shack!

I prefer to try to find the spots that are tighter packed with beach goer's. Seems like less ground with more targets. They can have TI. I probably won't be back there for awhile. I think it should get better once school gets out.

Maybe I'll run into you somewhere. Good luck and happy hunting!

Maybe it all drifted south toward me !

There are a lot of metal detectors down here, but even if the pickings are slim, there are good things to find. So far this year found two small gold and two small silver rings. (Plus more junk items than I can to think about.) Dig everything and you might get a surprise.

Not sure about your west coast fla beaches, but the beaches on the east coast are sanded in and not giving much up at all. Feet in the wet sand sink down 3-4" over here at low tide.

Covered alot of the north side this am and nothing worth posting about. It's cashed....

Covered alot of the north side this am and nothing worth posting about. It's cashed....

Yeah, I've hit it again a couple of times... pretty depressing.

We're you there today aroung 9am? I saw another MD'er head south on the beach so didn't have a chance to catch up...

Nope, was evening hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back