Past few outings

M

mtl-huntr

Well here are my finds for the last few outings.... I was thinking where better to show off my collection but in a collection plate........I bought a few? collection plates from my parents church garage sale @ $2.00 a piece....(the old brass plates were too heavy for some of the people)the coins were all clads...no silver or wheats.... the second pic is of an old dog tag I found in my parents back yard, I used to wear it around my neck....its the space capsule John Glenn flew in ...it says friendship 7 at the bottom of the tag...the top is missing....the other item is a cylinder from a toy gun ...hopefully I can find the rest of the gun.....I tried the rock tumbler trick on the coins ....cleaned them up real nice.....

Attachments

• collectionpaint.JPG
    collectionpaint.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 302
  • relicspaint.JPG
    relicspaint.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0
Looks like you stole the collection plate full right from the church. LOL Nice finds though. Too bad about the Capsule but still nice.HH

Quite a find there mtl-huntr. Hope no preachers or pastors log-on to this site or the'll think you need to confess for your sins ;D

Thats nicel you found something from your childhood, that would be so cool... ;D

I wish I would have proof read my post before I posted it......sorry

ml-huntr,

Don't be sorry! Just put the money back in the collection plate this coming Sunday! (((LOL))) This is a great story, especially the space capsule part. The other part must be near by as well. You did good and should be proud of your findings. I am a newbie too and still haven't found the ground yet!!!! However, I don't give up and you won't either. It sorta gets into our blood over time. Congrats on your day!!

NC Barefoot2+

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back