Paterson stoneware and a few historical flasks....

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Got an email from a guy running a construction site in Rutherford N.J., this rolled down a pile of dirt right to his feet just as you see it, he didn't do any cleaning to it at all. Luckily for me his Google search brought up my name, so I went down and got it from him as a Christmas gift to myself...

Philip Pfannebecker was born in Newburgh N.Y. in 1838 and came to Paterson in 1869. He is listed in the Newburgh City Directory as a liquor dealer from 1862-68, also listed in 1862 is Adam Reuss as a 'Retail Liquor Dealer', but in 1863 Reuss is no longer listed, there's only Pfannebecker, which leads me to believe this bottle dates to 1862.

4029034691.JPG 4029034692.JPG

I was also lucky enough to pick up a pair of historical flasks, both being Washington Taylor flasks. Both are in great condition but I love the pint with ring tooled lip, they were a steal at $50 for the pair....

wt1.jpg wt2.jpg

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet crock, wish it had rolled down to my feet !! Great deal on your flask's !! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread