p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Patience pays off, BBQ 1892 plus some other good park finds at Clad's cladothon

Hi everyone,
Got to get together with a few of you at Clad's get-together. Hunting was really tough in the midst of memorial cent and gang infested park grounds, but, I did finally get into my grove. My morning started with a half signal, and out pops a half size, but aluminum weight, token. Ended up being a General Mills 1988 Nagano Winter Olympics Bob sledding token. I pulled a lot of clad! Typically, I am in old places and barely get any. Today, I got over $7.50 in clad Plus a surface dollar bill (held down by 3 cuff links in photo).
I pulled 4 wheat (not pictured 1916, 1944x2, 1945). People began to leave. I hung out with Mike (007), Juan, and (Jim) Olderactor. They needed a snack. During snack time, I said I don't want to beaten by this place, I want a silver before leaving. Within 10 minutes of resuming hunting, I hit it, a 3 inch deep 1892 BBQ! Finally silver #30 plus my first Quarter for '11 (I got 8 last year including 5 BBQs).
Then I found a Tiffany .925 pendant. I didn't know Tiffany made pendants so ugly as this one.

I also have a photo of finds from 3 short hunts last week. Monday (Sept 26) I pulled a Cracker Jack Mystery Club token of President Tyler. Research shows it is from 1933-34.

Wednesday, I pulled this metal spaceman from a different location. Do you think it's a cracker Jack toy or something else????? I was hunting at an old place, which I had researched. Couldn't find any silver there, but saw plenty of holes (filled). Then I watch American Coin Huntings' video of T-man finding his seated half, and those guys were there a couple weeks before me....

I also pulled an 1902 IH sometime, I think it was last weekend. Happy Hunting. We have to have some more get togethers. I miss and miss postings from people like Kimsdad, Watercolor, Twistidd, and TF. Although I am glad to be able to see and hear from those who do post....

BBQ & Tiffany OBV.jpg
BBQ and Tiffiny REV.jpg
Clad $$$.jpg
Bobsled obv.jpgBobsled Rev.jpg
Not pictured 4 wheats (16, 44, 44, 45); Now for some earlier stuff. Is art deco space man Cracker Jack?
Earlier stuff A.jpgEarlier stuff B.jpg

Happy hunting everyone. It was fun to hang out with some of you today.

Re: Patience pays off, BBQ 1892 plus some other good park finds at Clad's cladothon

Way to stick with it and pull out a nice quarter! Wish I could of joined you guys today.

Re: Patience pays off, BBQ 1892 plus some other good park finds at Clad's cladothon

nice to meet you, you did good, congrats on the silver.

That Barber is like a cake topper on the day Jon! Nice haul! Yeah, that pendant is ugly, guess that's what makes it art...

That park was a tough one Jon. Nice work pulling some great goodies.

Garfield is one tough cookie. We hunted there maybe 5 times in 2009/10 and I only got 6 silvers from there and headaches everytime. Glad you guys were able to get together and hunt it. Congrats on the barber... I wonder how many times a coil had passed over that and was missed? TMAN...

Congrats on the silver :icon_thumright: Hunted out parks will always have some silver goods left!

Thanks everyone.
That park was indeed hard, but I think those experiences can be character building. I'm just not sure where the loud explosions that I thought may have been gun shots fit into becoming a character. I think I'll try to see if I can't arrange a November Hunt. My suggestion would either be a northside Chicago Park (I have never hit any of those) or a wooded hunt (where I spend most of my time). PM me thoughts on a local. Wouldn't be opposed to a rural place if it were say w/i an hour or two of Chicago.
-Jon

BTW I had another first, which I shared with Lowbatts. I have found many shot bullets, but I found my first Wadcutter at that park. Doesn't seem to make sense that you'd find a bullet designed to punch a paper target at that park...

Congrats on the booty. :thumbsup:

good hunting with you again congrats on the bbq!

it was nice to meet you! glad someone snagged a bbq while we were there! i know my father and i are looking forward to another group hunt as well! we had about 9 bucks in clad along with a merc and a rosie. have a good one!
neil

nhagan said:
it was nice to meet you! glad someone snagged a bbq while we were there! i know my father and i are looking forward to another group hunt as well! we had about 9 bucks in clad along with a merc and a rosie. have a good one!
neil

I think anyone snagging a silver there gets a huge :thumbsup: To be honest, I thought I'd find a dime if it were silver, but as there were sooo many mem cents, I am sure after a while I started passing over even good dime signals. When I realized there were actually a lot of quarters to be found, then I focused on those. Lucky one was silver...

Good to meet you and looking forward to another hunt sometime here.

I hear ya on the memorial cents. that park is loaded with them. i passed on so many shallow ~3" 12-44 hits that screamed. i probably should have dug a few but it was getting close to 1pm and the riff-raff was getting a bit louder and a few shady folks were getting closer on their 'walk-bys'. we had a 2.5 hour drive home so we figured it was time to hit the road. but we really did enjoy our first group hunt just wished we had time to meet a few of you for a bit longer. ah well maybe next time.

neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back