Patriot headphones, wired for Anfibio now

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a M12 8 pin plug to experiment and see if I could get my favorite headphones to run on my Anfibio and/or Simplex. Amazon had an inexpensive connector that is handy to test with, but doesn’t squeeze down around the wire enough or with any sealing abilities, other than maybe filling with encapsulating epoxy. Managed to find a source on ebay, from UK, for the previously common connectors that get sold as “ctx headphone connectors”, same as what the LS Pelso’s used i believe. So, will swap out when those arrive. Anyhow, it is possible and they do work. Louder than the others, with the finest audio of any waterproofs, imo.

AaXxEK8.jpg

uGXnaDo.jpg

Q7cpoOb.jpg

View attachment 1815740

Attachments

• OxQ3fFO.jpg
    OxQ3fFO.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strip the wire 3/4 inches.
Fold the striped wire back 2 or 3 times upon itself to make it thick enough for the terminals.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the "good" connectors finally, from the UK, re-did these and my other set too. They fit and tighten around the cable sheath perfectly. These connect much smoother too, that one above was pretty shotty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions