Pawn Shop White's MXT help please

Callemup

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, hope I'm not posting in the wrong place.

I found a White's MXT300 mm at a pawn shop for sale and am looking for advice as to possible value and things to be wary of while buying from a pawn shop with no known history of the MD or how it was cared for. It has a price tag of $250. Is that a fair price used? What should I check to see if it is fully functional (if possible)? Any advice or help would be much appreciated!

This will be my first MD purchase and looking to get the most bang for my buck. I plan on hunting everything from coins to gold/silver items on beaches.

I am attaching a pic to give you an idea of condition, but I would rate it cosmetically about a 5 or 6 on a 10 scale.

Thanks in advance!!! white's MXT.jpg

You could try and talk them down, but $250 for that machine is a deal.

The coil alone goes for a pretty penny, I would jump on it right away.

You could try and talk them down, but $250 for that machine is a deal.

The coil alone goes for a pretty penny, I would jump on it right away.

I didn't need much of a nudge, so beerguy put me over the top. Lol I went ahead and picked it up. Now I have to read up on how to work it properly to see if it was actually a good deal. Fingers crossed, would hate to mess up on my first MD purchase! :BangHead:

I HAD SAME MACHINE . WILL HANG WITH THE PRO AND ALL PRO MXT . ALL THE SAME EXCEPT PRO AND ALL PRO HAVE TONES AND FEW OTHER BELLS AND WHISTLES . LOVED THE MXT 300 , AND IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS SEND IT TO SWEET HOME OR CONTACT WHITES AND ASK FOR CONNIE OR MARY , EXCELLENT MACHINE. GET THE JEFF FOSTER BOOK THAT WILL HELP ALSO ..

I had a Pro for a couple of years, and I liked the Ground Grab function.

But at that price...

Congrats on a nice machine.

You got a great deal on one of the best detectors out, it's every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac with the right coil. HH

You got a great machine at that price.

Thanks to all for the reinforcement. I'll let y'all know how it works out and post my first find. :)

The MXT series is a fine group of machines... You will be amazed.
That Eclipse coil is a very good coil.... pretty much leave it on my MXT full time.

Definitely get Jeff Foster's book "The MXT Edge"

And if you should need service White's can take care of it very reasonably.

I didn't need much of a nudge, so beerguy put me over the top. Lol I went ahead and picked it up. Now I have to read up on how to work it properly to see if it was actually a good deal. Fingers crossed, would hate to mess up on my first MD purchase! :BangHead:

Ok guys, I am a man of my word, so am posting my first find. Probably worth at least $2.99!

image.jpeg

My wife lost it in the monkey grass about a month ago. She was quite happy. Hahaha

I have the MXT. It is my first md and see no reason to get any other one. Good hunting.

Congrat's ! Your life just changed for the good and many fun times ahead in your future. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back