What's new

Peace dollars

call_me_dick

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
So i have been reading about people finding silver dollars such as peace dollars and i was wondering how they do this.
What do you ask for when you go to the bank, just old dollar coins?
 
Upvote 0
Just ask for "big dollars". Generally tellers tell you that they have "golden dollars" which are almost always Sacajawea or presidential. It's pretty rare to get peace or morgans. I have yet to get one. I :notworthy: to those who have
 
Dick, other than a few wheats that made their way into my pocket for change, the only thing I found this year was a 1922 peace dollar that I got from a 7-11 store. I asked the kid if he had any halves, and he pulled it out. He kept a 1921 Morgan for himself and let me buy the Peace. I try to ask a friendly clerk anywhere I go for halves, the post office, toll booths, super market, ect. You never know where you might make a score.

Bud
 
Yeh just ask for "Big Dollars" gotta hang in there for months & months before you hit something worth keeping. A young teller handed 3 Morgan silver dollars and a silver Ike just a few weeks ago..Pix are on the board futher down......Still hunting for a Peace dollar!
Silverbull
 
One of my goals this year is to get a Morgan or a Peace dollar. I sure hope I achieve it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom