What's new

pearl sets from a garage sale

SteveDodds

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I picked up 2 necklaces and 2 bracelets today at a garage sale for $1. I am thinking that the pearls are real and the clasps on the ends of them are all marked 14K. My first question is how do I know for sure if they are real pearls. Should I take them to a jeweler? My second question is where do I sell these to make some money? I assume there is Ebay but what other outlets could there be? I can't post a pic as my 2 year old ruined my camera.
 
Congrats on buying what sounds like nice necklaces. Since the clasp is marked 14K, I would take it to a jeweler to verify if the pearls are real. :icon_thumleft: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Start lookin for a camera at those garage sales! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Rub them on your front teeth, if you get a gritty feeling they are real (although probably still cultured.) If they are smooth, they are imitations.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom