What's new

Peep Sight?

MSRelic

Full Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, Etrac
Got these today in west central Mississippi. 3 minies, 1 spherical musket ball, 2 cannon friction primers, 2 flat buttons, something that appears to be some kind of peep sight ?, and a piece of a harmonica.

The piece I need help with is the 2nd one from the bottom, with the hole in it and tabs on each side. The tabs don't appear to be broken.

IMG_1129.webp
 
I think it's part of an escutchion(sp) A screw goes through that side, if it has no threads in it, and fits into a piece that has threads on the other side of a rifle. I have seen those before and may be wrong but that the first thing that came to mind...d2
 
Upvote 0
d2 said:
I think it's part of an escutchion(sp) A screw goes through that side, if it has no threads in it, and fits into a piece that has threads on the other side of a rifle. I have seen those before and may be wrong but that the first thing that came to mind...d2

That's along the same lines I was thinking. I think it went to an Enfield but am not 100% sure
 
Upvote 0
d2 said:
I think it's part of an escutchion(sp) A screw goes through that side, if it has no threads in it, and fits into a piece that has threads on the other side of a rifle. I have seen those before and may be wrong but that the first thing that came to mind...d2

Y'all are good! Now if I can just find the rest of the rifle. :D

Capture.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom