Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished my 17th year of detecting. I am a little different and do not go by calendar years but by actual years. I started detecting May 2, 2002 so my years end April 30. This year was my second best year money wise. I found $851.68 in coins. My first year I only found $226.07. 2 years ago I had my best year with $1232.80.

My last hunt was on campus and it was a real penny kind of day. The section I started in I couldn’t swing the coin more than 2 times without a coin signal and sometimes I had 2 or 3 hits in the same swing. Unfortunately most of the signals were pennies. In 4.5 hours I dug 197 coins and 164 of them were pennies and most of those were zincs. Nothing special just coins and the usual junk. I was detecting up among the buildings on campus and away from the sport fields for a change and a number of people asked what I was finding. I did get 2 leads that might lead to some future good finds. The first was a student who lost an important family ring during a snowball fight on campus. He threw the snowball and the ring went too. I gave me a rough idea of where it was lost and I got his name and number so I can return it if I get lucky.

The next was an older student (in his 40s) who asked for my card. He has a house about 12 miles east of campus that was built in the early 1800s and he has been looking for someone to detect the property. He is curious about what might come out of the ground and I have no problem sharing my finds. He says the property was used as a business and farm so there is a lot of potential. But you don’t know until you start swingin.

I will post a year end summary of my finds as soon as I can put the statistics together. I have everything in my log book, I just have to count things up.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 16

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's an amazing amount of metal detecting! :notworthy:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job grats on all the years detecting .Here at the U OF M many places I get a coin every swing literally I want the silver the old coins Plus dont want to dig 200 holes in a public place just me Good job on all the clad

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a lot of digging ! Good luck on your 2 new potential places.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 17 years in this awesome hobby! Sounds like you have two interesting prospects, best of luck!

K. FLEMING

Feb 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are digging on a college campus and no one ran you off or called the police? Nice job that takes a lot of nerve though.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I hope most of the coins were dollar coins or halves! lol. Man that's a lot of holes. Great exercise! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on the new site! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are digging on a college campus and no one ran you off or called the police? Nice job that takes a lot of nerve though.

No nerve required. I got permission before I went and checked in with the campus security when I started the permission and gave them my card. They know who I am and that all holes are filled and looking like I wasn’t there. I also pick up trash and take it all with me. Security stops by sometimes and asks if I am having any luck. They asked that I stay off the baseball field and I do.

Get the permission, follow the guidelines set by the owner or caretaker and be neat and friendly and it’s not a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread