goldencoin Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2005 Messages 5,669 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 26, 2009 #1 Hey, came across this one in $30 hand rolled pennies. I got some wheats and old canadians plus more than 50 extra pennies. Any ideas? HH -GC Attachments IMG_3808.webp 29.8 KB · Views: 371 IMG_3809.webp 42.7 KB · Views: 379 Upvote 0
Hey, came across this one in $30 hand rolled pennies. I got some wheats and old canadians plus more than 50 extra pennies. Any ideas? HH -GC
coinmojo Bronze Member Joined Mar 18, 2008 Messages 2,484 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location Michigan May 26, 2009 #2 I'm not an expert but it kinda looks like after mint damage. Like someone stacked 2 pennys back to back and hit it with a hammer. causing the impression of one penny on the other and the face to be flattened in the impact zone......? My observation. Mojo
I'm not an expert but it kinda looks like after mint damage. Like someone stacked 2 pennys back to back and hit it with a hammer. causing the impression of one penny on the other and the face to be flattened in the impact zone......? My observation. Mojo
Ju8vP3t Hero Member Joined Jun 11, 2008 Messages 605 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location Sausalito Blvd Sausalito CA 94965 May 26, 2009 #3 brockage....maybe?
Goes4ever Silver Member Joined Jan 30, 2008 Messages 4,949 Reaction score 2,326 Golden Thread 0 Location NorthWest Ohio Detector(s) used Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2009 #4 I agree with mojo, I have found several like that, someone put two together and smacked em with a hammer
I agree with mojo, I have found several like that, someone put two together and smacked em with a hammer
ronbo22 Sr. Member Joined Oct 31, 2008 Messages 410 Reaction score 20 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida May 27, 2009 #5 If you can read the letters it is a genuine mint error If the letters are reversed than its the old smackeroo.
If you can read the letters it is a genuine mint error If the letters are reversed than its the old smackeroo.
Jimmy@romega Full Member Joined Dec 4, 2008 Messages 241 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location rome, ga Jun 2, 2009 #6 brokage, how much u want for it?? something like that on ebay will sell between 10-200.