What's new

Penny fest

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last afternoon and evening for about 3 hours at a permission I have been at for several weeks I have dug more pennies in one dig than I ever have for the short time digging. 64 pennies of which 2 were wheats, 1937 and 1957, and one Canadian 1964. Also 5 clad dimes and 2 newer nickels. I also dug an old buckle of some kind and a Winchester shotgun shell head. I have a penny beside the buckle to show the size. Any thoughts on what the buckle was for?
 

Attachments

  • August 19, 2015 004.webp
    August 19, 2015 004.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 142
  • August 19, 2015 001.webp
    August 19, 2015 001.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
  • August 19, 2015 002.webp
    August 19, 2015 002.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 142
  • August 19, 2015 003.webp
    August 19, 2015 003.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 16
It looks like you had a good hunt. The shotgun shell is 1890's which proves there may be seated liberty coinage and indian head pennies there.
 
64 pennies, 1964 Canadian......hmmmmm looks like a pattern to me?!?
 
Nice haul! Congrats!
 
That's some serious work!! Nice.
 
That buckle had 3 tongues and was most likely horse tack...late 1800s - early 1900s
 
Nice numbers,, has to be some deeper older coins. With that many dropped pennies, You have to hit a few quarters. Unless someone cherry picked this site before you. Hit it again and try to focus on deep signals.
 
I do plan to hit this again. It has been so dry in my area, some rain would make better detecting, although I have dug quite I few small items at 6 and 7 inches. Most of the deep signals are junk. The property owner said that some of the areas I have dug were used to burn junk, as is evident by the aluminum lumps excavated.
Nice numbers,, has to be some deeper older coins. With that many dropped pennies, You have to hit a few quarters. Unless someone cherry picked this site before you. Hit it again and try to focus on deep signals.
 
Thank you for the buckle info. I never gave horse tack a thought.
That buckle had 3 tongues and was most likely horse tack...late 1800s - early 1900s
 
JOHN DANG BUCKLE NEAT FIND.
 
If only you also had found a 1964 quarter then the pattern would be complete :)

Or even better - 64 nickels, 64 dimes and 64 quarters....now that would be a haul for the ages!!!
 
There is gems among those pennys. Looking good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom