Penny jackpot Mis-strike

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG!! I'm not totally sure but I think I found a jackpot penny. Mannn, it's totally cool. I was working and popped open a roll of pennies and saw this weird penny that I threw into my extra tray for later. Well, I looked at it later and it's a 50% misstrike, year 199-, and on the back of the coin the lincoln memorial is upside down also 50%. Someone help me with this. I don't know a bloody thing about mis-strikes. Here is a really bad picture of the face. I had only a second to take a picture of it before throwing my phone back into my pocket.

Coin.jpg

Really really sorry for the crummy picture. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Can't believe I found this in a roll of pennies. so sweet. Will try to get a better picture of it.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0
It's worth about 5 bucks since you can't see the date. Give or take a few bucks, I mean.

Very cool find there GL! HH, Maverick.

Nice find - not worth that much but great find. Very cool. Makes you wonder how it stayed in circulation so long.

Maine_Jim

Wow!!!

Amazing find garou! I bought one similar so I could say I had one when I first started collecting. Was only 3 or 4 dollars. But still a good one for the collection!
Wicka

I still want to find one of these guys. I've hunted a lot and never found one where the image went off the coin.

Since this is my first find of this kind, I'm keeping this one. But I'm selling stuff. Need to package up some other stuff once I get a second or two. LMAO rotten toilet acted up again. And this is the new one we just got put in 2 weeks ago. Mr Rooter didn't charge me but I told them that there was a warrenty on it. They said that was on leaks and such, not on clogs. Serves me right for not checking the fine print, ohh that's right, they didn't give me a written warrenty. Bummers. I found a couple of canadian pennies and wheaties from my till but that one penny was super cool.

Sincerely, Garoulady

I'd keep that one also. That is what makes the hunt worth it. I have quite a few coins in 2x2's that aren't worth that much but I still like to collect them. I'd much rather get that cent error than a 90% coin any day. I've searched a lot of coins and never found one like that.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back