"Penny" park hunt

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
"Penny" park hunt

Yesterday I went to a park that is less than 5 years old to hunt the playground area to see what might be there.
I don't think anyone else has detected it because of all the pennies. I took my IDX and shooter coil, and when I turned my detector on and started swing it I got a penny signal. After digging it I got another penny signal not more than 6 inches away.
Penny after penny, after penny, after penny ....... I couldn't believe all the pennies I was digging. I felt like DFX-Gregg and his penny hits!!!! :)

I did get some other clad coins.
Saturdaypark.jpg
I also got an earring that is kind of neat looking for a junk earring.
earring21.jpg

And this morning I went back to finish the area that I didn't get around to yesterday, and got some more clad coins.Yes that is a 22 LR bullet, a welding tip and a really junky earring.
Sundaypark.jpg

Also got something unusual. the pearl colored oval item is an inch long and has what looks like a small battery in the bottom of it. Anyone know what it is???
unknown2.jpgunknown3.jpg

With NO pulltabs,bottlecaps or screwcaps, it was indeed a very enjoyable place to hunt!!! ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Re: "Penny" park hunt

Penny Park is right. Keep that up, and you will have to change your screen name.lol
HH,
Tennessee Joe

Not sure what that is..its different for sure !!!

HH to all

OK, I may be waaaaaay off the mark on this one but isn't there such a thing as magnetic earrings? Maybe that "battery" is just a piece of metal so that the magnet backing will hold it in place? I'm probably just making this up.

The parks around me are absolutely littered with zinc pennies. So unless I am in an area in which there may be an early Indian Head penny, I leave the zinc pennies for someone else. If I dug every zinc penny, I would dig 3 holes per sweep.

I do dig every copper penny signal, though.

With NO pulltabs,bottlecaps or screwcaps, it was indeed a very enjoyable place to hunt!!!

I'll dig pennies all day if there's no hassling with that junk! I usually don't bother with newer parks but they might be just the place to go. Clad with no junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back