penny parks

Windbreaker

Jan 10, 2008
Hawkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
MPx & BH - Challanger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of sleeping on my day off, I went straight away when I got off of work and tried a few local areas in Warner Robins, Georgia. I work at a glass factory that has about a 30 acre front yard just across the street from the Air Force Musium of Aviation; where a few times a year the glass plant allows the use of the open area for parking for special events such as "Wings and Wheels" a car show intermingled between the planes displayed outside.

Hoping to find pocket change I sent skulking about just after first light on the frozen dew - NADA!

went to breakfast and Wal-Mart to get gas (vehicular that is) then off to Ada Mey park (near a lowside of town as it was on my way to the center of town. found one clad quarter, 2 clad dimes and 22 memorial pennies.

Then off to Fountain park in the center of town, found one clad quarter, 4 clad dimes, and 15 pennies, all total about 4-5 hours of scouting to net $1.47.

At this rate I can retire early at the ripe old age of 12,654 !

Still cant get pictures off my phone!

Upvote 0
You get an A for effort!
Most of my days are clad only. But it's always nice to be out.

DIDDO Born Free!!

I really don't care too much about just coming up with clad, I just really, really, really enjoy the hunt!!

Some days are just like that. Can't find gold for the pennies..lol
Tennessee Joe

Pull-tab Parson said:
DIDDO Born Free!!

I really don't care too much about just coming up with clad, I just really, really, really enjoy the hunt!!

Me and you both!

Pictures are hot off the phone!

Attachments

• pennypark-1.jpg
    pennypark-1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 474
  • pennypark-2.jpg
    pennypark-2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 483
Your'e lucky ! At least they look nicer than the rusty, corroded clad I dig up in my parks. >:(

You went out with a metal detector and found metal objects. You are doing just what your hobby is supposed to be about. Try and focus on the fun you are having, not the finds.

I have a hard time finding quarters but finds lots of other clad. Nothing wrong with clad no matter what anyone else on here says!!!

funny thing -- sometimes when your hitting all that clad ---bingo a silver ring or gold ring --will pop up -- specail moments like that are rare thats why they are so special. --- and you never know when or where the "lighting bolt" of luck might hit ya. --- (of course it never hurts to do a bit of research of the old spots in the area to help improve your "odds" a good bit)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back