People laugh when i tell them i make money in the trash!!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a lot of people laugh at me about trash picking. Now a lot of the people in my area run around spending 30 bucks a day in gas picking up scrap outta the trash to get a little bit back outta that load of steel. Heck I drive around cherry picking stuff they leave behind just like goodwill and garagesales and make twice as much on one item versuse their load of scrap. Here are a few items ive grabbed this past month and made money on. The lottery sign $40, the computer $60, The dvd player $20 and the xboxs $ 42.25, plus some I don't have pics for anymore. Like a set of speakers $28.35, a tri cycle $30.00, a bunch of gaming computer stuff, $25, a electric fireplace heater, brand new in dumpster $30. And that's just what I can remember lol. so right around $250 worth of stuff, and people call us nasty for grabbing stuff. Oh yeah and on top of it last night found a 1950's wooden salesman tunk with stenciled name on it, and original cotton lining just missing the leather handle. I figure ill get around $150 for that. And that's not to mention the copper and aluminum scrap ive been grabbing also they leave behind!!! Anyways I guess the point of this story is most people turn their nose up at grabbing something from the trash, but ask yourself would you leave a $50 bill lay on the concrete?

100_1330.JPG 100_1410.JPG 100_1397.JPG 100_1413.JPG

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly some good finds- nice work!

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grab pop cans when I see them. Also people at work give them to me. Those pennies add up over a year.

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
My tips.. don't limit yourself to one area, make sure you check with sites or companies as to ask permission.. because it's getting harder to enter these dumpsters.. and if you get hurt will in said dumpster the company or site will not help you afterward. learn the traffic.. certain days like the first of the month for apt complexes.. because many tenants simply walk out leaving their stuff.. The grounds keepers are paid to simply throw it out.. meaning they aren't paid to sift through the items.. be aware of police.. some companies or sites are actually having guards on duty to watch for dumpster divers.. I recall one house being emptied out.. while a sheriff stood guard this is due to the banks lean on the house. priceless treasures and very old furniture simply thrown in the dumpster.. as I stood and watched.. Like I said banks simply pay workers to come in and destroy everything without any remorse..

ScrapperChad

Greenie
May 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a great find. I haven't found anything good like that yet. But I do occasionally find lots of vacuums. I have more vacuums than I need. Most of the vacuums that were in the dumpster just needed the hose cleaned out or a belt changed.

It amazes me what other people throw out. People can stare at me if they like or gossip about me "Which they do" when I go through the dumpsters. But I don't care it's there problem. lol

When this couple that lives near the dumpster just sits there and stares at me from their front porch when I'm in the dumpster. I just smile and wave at them and say nice day for dumpster diving isn't it? xd :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions