What's new

people who ask questions

Dirt Fishin Dale

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
799
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I was at the beach today and a woman walked up , and with a very serious look on her face, asked if I was digging clams.
Now look, I am holding a $1,000 dollar metal detector with a $200 dollar coil and wearing headphones…
My question is. When did they start making clam detectors?
I think the Florida sun was a bit to much for her today. Never a dull moment.
I guess we all get strange questions from time to time but this was a first for me.

HH
Dale
 
Upvote 0
Lmfreekinao !!!!! jejejjejejejjejeje, hohohohohohoh, hahahahahhahahah !!!! This story is toooo funny Dale ...
 
You should tell them that the detector is a clam listening device: "One coughs and it gives them all away!"
 
People are miracles and I'm inspired daily.

Dumb A$$es
 
Ugarte said:
You should tell them that the detector is a clam listening device: "One coughs and it gives them all away!"
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :wav:
 
I will be neck deep and some one will ask me if my detector is water proof. :icon_jokercolor:
 
surfrat96 said:
I don't need a detector that hunts clams. I see all I want at South Beach! ;D

HH 8) surfrat
Is that a highwater one?????????????????
 
Happily taking care of business one day when I suddenly realized I was not alone.
On looking up I found a cute little girl of about 7 or 8 watching me.
She asked, "what are you doing?"
I said, "I'm looking for lost money and jewelry".
With that she got the most delightful look of anguish on her young face and asked, " oh, are you VERY poor?"
Could not help myself and burst out laughing before reassuring her that I was certainly not poor but was doing it for fun.

But as an aside, I have never hidden or lied about my detecting.
I have never hesitated in showing people my finds.
Always got a positive response.
Except the one time the sweet young thing I showed the 18ct mens band I'd just found to decided to play games.
She took off with it but after a short distance accidentally dropped it.
While she was madly trying to find it I waded over and re detected it, she never got a second look!

Lou.
 
:coffee2: There is good reading in this thread. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom