Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary,
What ever you do don't ask the head librarian. You will get a no from the get go and then you will be shut out of the place until she or he retires. A bureaucrat likes nothing better than lording over us mere mortals.

It is public property, hunt it! It's public property. If the place is closed on Sunday or Sunday morning go hit it then. If it opens at 1:00PM on Sunday leave around 12:00. If you don't get it all covered by noon then come back the next Sunday.

Worst that can happen is you get a couple of hours in and some ding bat asks you to leave, you may find a pocket full of coins in that time. Hit the hot spots first, along the side walks, bike racks, benches in grass areas. Then work the outlying areas. Don't forget the grass strips along the curbs if it has them. People getting out of cars loose a ton of money.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Right on Mac, hit it at sunrise and stay until church gets out. I can get away with it around here because I dress and look like a wino when I hit the municipal sites, so none of them care. The're just glad to see me not panhandling.

But that's a regional thing.

Might want to dress like a pioneer where your at...

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Lowbatts said:
Right on Mac, hit it at sunrise and stay until church gets out. I can get away with it around here because I dress and look like a wino when I hit the municipal sites, so none of them care. The're just glad to see me not panhandling...

Tim! That was you I gave five bucks to last week, wasn't it?! ;D

beach boy

Sep 20, 2006
Detector(s) used
ace 250,garrett 1350
first make sure it isnt registered an historical landmark

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Yeah, its public property. I hunted my library last Sun. as well as the courthouse right across the street. Sundays only, the police dept. is next to the courthouse. Police ask me if I found anything and even come look. As long as you leave it like you found it.

Pokerdad

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Sorry Neil, I should have let you in on it....
Hey get back out hee this spring and we'll cure them silver pangs for ya!

Hey beach boy, being a registered historic landmark does not preclude detecting there. Worked a few myself, no problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread