What's new

Permission to MD public property???

Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
364
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
So - what about public libraries? If the building was built back in the mid 1800's and has stood ever since....and is now a public library owned by the local government.....

Does a taxpayer need permission to MD?
I know the right/courteous thing to do is get permission from the head of the library - but TECHNICALLY.....what is the answer?


-
 
Gary,
What ever you do don't ask the head librarian. You will get a no from the get go and then you will be shut out of the place until she or he retires. A bureaucrat likes nothing better than lording over us mere mortals.

It is public property, hunt it! It's public property. If the place is closed on Sunday or Sunday morning go hit it then. If it opens at 1:00PM on Sunday leave around 12:00. If you don't get it all covered by noon then come back the next Sunday.

Worst that can happen is you get a couple of hours in and some ding bat asks you to leave, you may find a pocket full of coins in that time. Hit the hot spots first, along the side walks, bike racks, benches in grass areas. Then work the outlying areas. Don't forget the grass strips along the curbs if it has them. People getting out of cars loose a ton of money.
 
Right on Mac, hit it at sunrise and stay until church gets out. I can get away with it around here because I dress and look like a wino when I hit the municipal sites, so none of them care. The're just glad to see me not panhandling.

But that's a regional thing.

Might want to dress like a pioneer where your at...
 
Lowbatts said:
Right on Mac, hit it at sunrise and stay until church gets out. I can get away with it around here because I dress and look like a wino when I hit the municipal sites, so none of them care. The're just glad to see me not panhandling...

Tim! That was you I gave five bucks to last week, wasn't it?! ;D
 
first make sure it isnt registered an historical landmark
 
Yeah, its public property. I hunted my library last Sun. as well as the courthouse right across the street. Sundays only, the police dept. is next to the courthouse. Police ask me if I found anything and even come look. As long as you leave it like you found it.

Pokerdad
 
Sorry Neil, I should have let you in on it....
Hey get back out hee this spring and we'll cure them silver pangs for ya!

Hey beach boy, being a registered historic landmark does not preclude detecting there. Worked a few myself, no problem.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom